PDA

View Full Version : My Jet JWTS-10 708100 is ready to roll.....

Bill Huber
09-25-2008, 1:25 AM
I made the mobile base and got it rolling around really nice.

I changed the switch to one I can hit with my knee.

Replace the Jet fence with a Mule Accusquare Fence. I did cut it down to 24 1/4 inches, I have never cut anything larger and it helps with a small shop.

Got the zero clearance insert made and in stalled, I sure don't know why they make it so big, right at 15 inches.

Remade my old sled for the new saw.

Got a place for my miter gauge and sled to hang.

Tuned everything up and it is spot on in every way.

I did loose out on the cast iron extensions, the guy decided he didn't want to sell them. But I will keep looking and find an old saw and get some from it. Getting the steel ones set was a real job but I got them flat, its great what you can do with a dead blow hammer.

For me it is a great saw, the motor inside helps with space in the little shop, I can push it back and have more room. It is a little under powered when cutting 8/4 purpleheart but it does it. Coming from a 3/4 hp 8 inch 54 year old Craftsman its a real treat.

97496 97497

97498 97499

Greg Cole
09-25-2008, 9:29 AM
Hi Bill,
Nice upgrade from the old saw there! The extra power is awful nice. The CI extensions will help reduce a little vibration too.
I just upgraded from a General contractor 2hp to a Steel City 3HP cabinet saw.... 'tis a night n day difference.

Congrats....

Greg

scott spencer
09-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Nice setup Bill! Are you using a decent 24T TK blade to rip that 8/4 PH?

Matthew Hills
09-25-2008, 3:12 PM
I've been waiting for these "tricking out my JET" posts...

Any plans for the dust collection?

Matt

Bill Huber
09-25-2008, 3:39 PM
Hi Bill,
Nice upgrade from the old saw there! The extra power is awful nice. The CI extensions will help reduce a little vibration too.
I just upgraded from a General contractor 2hp to a Steel City 3HP cabinet saw.... 'tis a night n day difference.

Congrats....

Greg

I am sure that upgrade was worth it, I just wish I had the room and the floor was strong enough for a good cabinet saw.

Bill Huber
09-25-2008, 3:43 PM

I think a 24 would help but I have the Freud Premier Fusion with is a 40 tooth combo.

Bill Huber
09-25-2008, 3:45 PM

I've been waiting for these "tricking out my JET" posts...

Any plans for the dust collection?

Matt

This saw has it built in and it works very well with just the shop vac. It has a somewhat enclosed blade with a shop vac connector in the bottom. The only problem I have with the DC is it dose not work very well when I forget to turn the shop vac on.