PDA

View Full Version : Who sells good replacement DC bags

Jeff Skory
05-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Hi all,

I own a Jet DC-650 dust collector for my small shop (13x15). I move the hose from machine to machine and usually leave the DC sitting in the corner.

The problem I have is that it's not very good about hanging onto small dust particles. Based on articles I read and people I talked to before making all of my purchases I also purchased a Jet Air Filtration System to pick up this dust.

However, as a lot of you probably already know the fine dust starts to settle everywhere long before the air filtration system can suck them up. In hindsite I wish I would have combined the money for these two purchases for a better dust collector.

But anyway.....I would like to replace the bags on my Jet DC with something that will do a better job of not letting fine dust particles escape and hopefully without much of a loss of suction.

Have any of you gone down this path? And if so can you give me some recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

Dick Parr
05-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Jeff I got mine a Penn State (PSI). Best price I could find.

Michael Campbell
05-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Grizzly and woodworkers supply both have sub-micron bags. I used the WWS one; pricey, but works great.

Bruce Page
05-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Jeff, I have the Penn State felt bags on my Delta 50-850. They are worlds above the Delta OEM bags. Very well made too.

Greg Scott
05-14-2004, 9:48 AM
I have a 1 mic bag from AFF www.americanfabricfilter.com they are very good at optimizing a bag for your setup. They will custom make the bag to fit your application. Send them an email with all of your specs and they will give you a quote.

Byron Trantham
05-14-2004, 10:54 AM
I have a 1 mic bag from AFF www.americanfabricfilter.com they are very good at optimizing a bag for your setup. They will custom make the bag to fit your application. Send them an email with all of your specs and they will give you a quote.
Another vote AFF! I bought mine a couple years ago and have been very happy with them. They do make bags that help the efficiency of your DC.

Mark Kauder
05-14-2004, 12:35 PM
You might consider converting to a Cartridge. You can do your own for about the same cost as two bags, and get better CFM and better filtration.

Mark

http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/cyclone/DCConversion.cfm

Aaron Heck
05-14-2004, 4:04 PM
I've got some bags that I'm thinking about selling soon, if you're interested. I'm pretty sure they'll fit your DC, too. They are the 1 micron felt bags from Penn State. The bottom bag as a clear window built in, which is really nice. I'm upgrading to a canister and won't be needing these anymore. Would make you (or anyone else) a nice deal if you wanted 'em. I think they're 14.5" in diameter.

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BC1-1V&Category_Code=

Aaron