PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0660X 16" Jointer/Planer

Charlie Engel
09-24-2008, 7:15 PM
I am considering replacing my 15 year old INCA 570 J/P. I've looked at the Grizzly on their website, and emailed Grizzly customer service with a few questions, but got no reply. Wondering if any members of this forum have either used or own this machine and could comment on it, pros and cons. Thanks, Charlie

glenn bradley
09-24-2008, 7:46 PM
No experience here but, if you can, call during business hours. You get a human pretty quickly.

Jim Becker
09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't recall anyone posting about having the 16" model...there have been some with the 12" version or at least some who considered it. I think that the 16" model is quite new to the market.

BTW, welcome to SMC!

Greg Cole
09-25-2008, 9:39 AM
Charlie,
I've got a couple Griz tools and looked kinda seriously at both J/Ps when they were released. Decided not to do anything there as I repurposed the GW JR rebate money to a deck.... the 16" was a bit on the pricey side for me anyway and the 12" unit only gained me 4" for jointing and I'd lose capacity for planing.
From what I remember the 16" unit is actually made in Germany not the Far East, is a good 600+ pound machine.... the change over is pretty simple and fast by all accounts. The larger dust port can't hurt with a 16" cutter.
Never laid a hand on one however....
What Glenn said about their CS.

Greg