PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Question

Zeev Goldin
09-24-2008, 3:02 PM
Hi and blessed Day to You all.
I have read a topic here about rowmark plates being engraved for electric companies, contractors ETC. They are using them to label their wires and what not.
I am asking here who in the organization should I mail flyers and samples to? Is it the owner? Manager? Secretary? Would You contact/call them before hand? And generaly how would You go about that aspect of marketing Those plates to the companies.
Any thing will help.

Thanks.
Zeev

Joe Pelonio
09-24-2008, 3:20 PM
Lately I have done hundreds of them for a guy who is having a yacht built in the Los Angeles area. He lives here and found me on a google search. It's important to have good keywords that pop up your website.

Other than that I have not marketed to that area but picked up work by telling contractors that come to me for vehicle lettering or jobsite signs that I do the engraving, and they remember it next time they need it. It's not the most profitable aspect of laser work, so I target my marketing efforts to production work as much as possible.

From my experience the best people to talk to are the project managers for large contractors, followed by building management people that handle commercial properties, like offices and retail centers. You can go right to the top or through their purchasing people but often those items are ordered at a lower level by the maintenance staff.

Zeev Goldin
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
There was this lady that actually posted the file for those plates. If You are reading please share to who in those companies You ship the
flyer
and the samples.
If any body else has some experience with this aspect of the business please share the knowledge or else :)

Mike Null
09-26-2008, 1:12 PM
Zeev

Joe's advice was on the mark.

I'd make a few phone calls to the contractors you want to contact and ask the receptionist/secretary for the names of the project managers or the buyers who would handle the items you want to sell.

I've always found them to be helpful.

Marc Myer
09-26-2008, 1:24 PM
Hey, I noticed your new sig:

Do What is Right
Put People First
Reach Higher
Enjoy Life

Hey, isn't that, like, waaaaay out of the mainstream? Do what is right? Put people first? Boy are you old-fashioned.

I too am proud to be old-fashioned and really appreciate your (and everyone's) old-fashioned traits here. Sawmill Creek rocks.

Mike Null
09-26-2008, 3:38 PM
Marc

Not only am I old fashioned, I am old.

That sig was not my original but slightly modified from a job I bid that would have been a quarter of a million worth of engraving alone and would have bought a new laser for me as well. When the other subs added their costs in the job came to about 2 million and the prospective customer sneaked off into the night.

Anyway, glad you enjoy SMC.

Zeev Goldin
09-26-2008, 5:04 PM
O Man Mike.
That is an OUCH.
Well we all have to keep trying to bring those Million Dollar job ha?