PDA

View Full Version : Another +1 for Grizzly's Customer Service

Steven Almas
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
I've been setting up a G0490x recently, as some of you have seen from one of my other threads, and a finally got to check the flatness of the fence. I place the fence, face down on the infeed table and used some feelers to check for gaps. 3 of the four corners and the center measured dead flat, but the 4th corner, bottom-right (infeed side), sat up 0.010". I flipped the fence around on the table and rechecked, same measurement. I called Grizz this morning and they're shipping me out another fence, no questions asked. The Tech also said that he'll have the 2nd fence checked for flatness before they send it out. 3-5 days, I should be setup.

So I just wanted to toot grizzly's horn and will definately consider them for all my future tool purchases.

By the way, I also bought a G0555x bandsaw w/ riser and it's been perfect from day one.

Paul Gatti
09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
I've been setting up a G0490x recently, as some of you have seen from one of my other threads, and a finally got to check the flatness of the fence. I place the fence, face down on the infeed table and used some feelers to check for gaps. 3 of the for corners and the center measured dead flat, but the 4th corner, bottom-right (infeed side), sat up 0.010". I flipped the fence around on the table and rechecked, same measurement. I called Grizz this morning and they're shipping me out another fence, no questions asked. The Tech also said that he'll have the 2nd fence checked for flatness before they send it out. 3-5 days, I should be setup.

So I just wanted to toot grizzly's horn and will definately consider them for all my future tool purchases.

By the way, I also bought a G0555x bandsaw w/ riser and it's been perfectly from day one.

This has been one of the biggest reasons I have felt comfortable ordering from them.

Steve Clardy
09-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I've always had good CS from them, what little that I've needed.

John Hedges
09-24-2008, 1:16 PM
I've experienced the same CS level you describe from Delta, Powermatic and General. Only difference I noted was that Grizzly and General were the only 2 that made me return the original product back to them. Wonder what the heck they do with them?:confused:

There is another side of the coin however. While every company will occasionally ship product that needs to be replaced, I seem to hear about a lot more defective Grizzly parts on new machines needing to be replaced than with other companies. At least they do seem to make good on them though. Glad to hear your almost up and running.

Robert Strebler
09-24-2008, 1:20 PM
I was bowled over by Grizzly's customer service when I bought my g0513x2. The lower door was dented and they got me a new one quickly. The whole process was smooth from order to CS on the door. I was not expecting that high quality level of service from such a reasonably priced brand, but it was exceptional. I'll be buying more Grizzly in the future.

FWIW, they didn't make me return the dented door.

Steven Almas
09-24-2008, 2:35 PM
FWIW, they didn't make me return the dented door.

Yeah, now I own an unused, twisted cast iron fence. Any ideas on what I should do with it?

John Hedges
09-24-2008, 2:41 PM
Yeah, now I own an unused, twist cast iron fence. Any ideas on what I should do with it?

Actually it can be quite useful. I have a Delta TS wing that wasn't quite right so it was replaced. I use it all the time to hold down freshly sawn veneer and keep it flat. I have used it to weigh down items several items. Keep it for a while and I bet you will find a use for it.

Bill White
09-24-2008, 3:14 PM
Yeah, now I own an unused, twisted cast iron fence. Any ideas on what I should do with it?

Send it to a machine shop for surface grinding.
then ya could use it as a spare.
Bill

Dave Lehnert
09-24-2008, 3:46 PM

Take it to the scrap yard and sell it. You will be surprised what you will get for it. I was.

Brian Kent
09-24-2008, 5:23 PM
I've heard of such great things from Grizzly's Customer Service that I am almost disappointed that there has never been a problem in any of the 3 machines I bought from them.:rolleyes: