PDA

View Full Version : hi Guys (up here any two people together are Guys)

thomas prevost
05-13-2004, 7:09 PM
I'd like to introduce myself.
I am a retired chemist. I come from gernerations of loggers, thus have a good working knowledge of wood. But, I consider myself a novice at using it. I live in a logging tourist town in the central Adirondacks of N.Y. built a log home on a lake. I have a large workshop (32X40) containing most powertools. I enjoy all phases of wood working from cabinet making and lathe work to house construction. I am generally a lerker as I like to learn from the experts. Occassionally I ask a dumb question due to my lack of knowledge. Or try to assist in the care and purchasing of lumber as nothing distresses me more than to see a good tree eventually go to firewood because it was not cut, dried or stored properly.

I enjoy company so any one visiting the area is welcome to stop in. We can talk wood, go boating, or skiing. I would also like to hear from anyone living close by.

I am a real life computer dummy. So if any can walk me through it, I will post a picture of myself and other pic on posts as appropriate.

Chris Padilla
05-13-2004, 7:16 PM
Well, you have a good start here, Thomas. Welcome to the creek...we're real friendly around here and definately have a thirst for pictures! Scan through the support forum for help on posting pictures.

If you like, send me a photo of yourself and I'll prepare it so you can post it next to your name. Email it to cpad@cisco.com and I'll get it done straight away!

Dick Parr
05-13-2004, 7:19 PM
Welcome to the Creek Thomas!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-13-2004, 7:54 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Thomas! I joined just a few months ago but quickly felt welcome here! I'll warn you......this place only has one major demand.....PHOTOS!!!!!! From beginner to expert.....they are all here. Jump in! The water's fine.....current can be stong but never anything you can't handle! Welcome!

P.S. How far from Cooperstown are you? The LOML and I are taking her father and mother to the Baseball Hall of Fame in June. He's an 85 year old baseball fanatic who survived the south pacific with a Bronze Star during WWII only to break his arm throwing a pitch after returning from war. After taking the LOML there who has survived me for 36 years, I decided he needed to see it too! She drooled at the opportunity to go back a 2nd time. Beautiful Country there!

Ron Jones near Indy
05-13-2004, 8:01 PM
Glad to see you are here! Nice people and a great place to meet and make friends. :D

Thomas Glenn
05-13-2004, 8:15 PM
welcome Thomas

Ted Calver
05-13-2004, 8:56 PM
Thomas,
Welcome to the creek. I've spent a fair amount of time huffin and puffin up and down them there hills where you live trying to become a 46er. Next lifetime. Glad you decided to join us!
Ted

Bruce Page
05-13-2004, 8:56 PM
Welcome Thomas, this is a great group here and only getting better! Boy, you sure have a lot under your belt for being only 9½ years old! :rolleyes: :D ;)

You might want to go back to the User CP and redo your birth date. :)

Todd Burch
05-13-2004, 9:43 PM
Welcome Thomas!

Jim Ketron
05-13-2004, 9:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Thomas

Jim

Tyler Howell
05-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Alright! Who put out the welcome mat? Did somebody say all WWs come in and make yourself at home:mad: . Dangle your feet in the water:confused:

Yes they did and that's what makes this a great place. :D Glad to have you Thomas. Hope to benefit from your years of direct and associate experience.
Your talking my language with boating and skiing and I'm learning to fake the WW part. Hope to be in your area in the fall. I'm getting a bad rep. for my road trips so we'll work up to that gradually. Nice to have you on board Thomas.

John Miliunas
05-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Thomas, thanks for the intro! Don't know how you happened across out little space of the Internet, but I'm glad you did! :) SMC happens to be my personal favorite and a super place to share both, questions and tips. Seems to me like your experience might weigh in pretty heavy on the "giving tips" part of this! :rolleyes: Welcome aboard! Come often and stay long. :cool:

Dale Thompson
05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Thomas,
You've joined a GREAT group of folks here at the CREEK!! :) The only drawback is that some of the people on the board are apparently either "reading challenged" (most likely answer) or very distrusting. :confused: In other words, they need PICTURES to either understand or believe your accomplishments. For the record, we more diversity oriented members try to cater to these individuals by ALWAYS posting PICTURES! :) They seem to get a kick out of pictures - even if they are of your most recent outbreak of toenail fungus. :eek: :D ;) I've attached a picture just to stay out of trouble. :)

Again, Thomas, WELCOME TO THE CREEK!! ;)

Dale T.

David Klug
05-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Welcome Thomas!!!!! Dale that's not a picture, that's a gloat.

DK

Ken Salisbury
05-14-2004, 6:27 AM
http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/welcomeplane.gif

TO SAWMILL CREEK

Kent Cori
05-14-2004, 9:16 AM
Thomas,

We're glad to have you with us. Hmmm... logging tourist town...central Adirondacks ... log home on a lake...large workshop...most powertools. Thomas, would you like to adopt me? :D :D :D

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Welcome to Saw Mill Creek and a big Howdy! from "south western" Pennsylvania.
Daniel :D

Dennis Peacock
05-15-2004, 12:58 PM
They seem to get a kick out of pictures - even if they are of your most recent outbreak of toenail fungus. :eek: :D ;) I've attached a picture just to stay out of trouble. :)

Again, Thomas, WELCOME TO THE CREEK!! ;)

Dale T.

Hey Dale......

Can I have your lathe? :D

Dennis Peacock
05-15-2004, 1:00 PM
Thomas,

Welcome to the Creek. Grab a pole and fish around a spell.....Take off your shoes and wade around. Ask what your will and nab all the answers you can. We are family here....no....we are BETTER than family here.....

So <B>Welcome to Sawmill Creek!!!!</B>

Dale Thompson
05-15-2004, 9:11 PM
Hey Dale......

Can I have your lathe? :D

Dennis,
Being the great guy that I am, I tried emailing the lathe to you. :cool: I got a message back saying that the "file is too large". :( Get broadband and I'll try again. If it doesn't work then - complain to your service provider. :) I've done ALL that I can do from my generous end. ;) ;)

Dale T.

Tyler Howell
05-15-2004, 9:19 PM
Dale LMAO!:D :D