PDA

View Full Version : 4 bench's and a table saw (150 years old)

Graham Skinner
09-23-2008, 7:32 PM
Hi Again All.
You may have seen my thread about my trip the the Black Creek pioneer Village.

I though that you may like to see these photo's of some of the work benches that they have on display, the guy that runs their cabinet maker's work shop told me that they were about 150 years old and were of English/European designe, the one with the leg vice and solid slab top was use by a gun maker.

He also showed me a foot powered table saw that is also from those time's, it must have been a state of the art tool in it's day:).
Anyway hope that you enjoy the photo's as much as I enjoyed my trip to this place.

Cheers...Graham Skinner....

Tim Thomas
09-23-2008, 9:20 PM
Thanks for posting up the pics. Those workbenches were clearly built to last and I don't think I've ever seen a table saw that old before. Really neat to see that.

Jeffrey Makiel
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Neat pics.

I especially like the tablesaw. With electric utility costs in the Northeast going thru the ceiling, this concept may be revisited. :)

-Jeff :)

Curt Harms
09-24-2008, 6:58 PM
Neat pics.

I especially like the tablesaw. With electric utility costs in the Northeast going thru the ceiling, this concept may be revisited. :)

-Jeff :)
Don't forget the cardiovascular benefits and savings on other exercise equipment.:D:D

Peter Quinn
09-24-2008, 7:07 PM
Hey, those benches don't look perfectly, 100% scientifically verified by a NASA comparator laser flat! Heck, they don't even look flat from my house!

Wonder how those craftsman of yore ever got by without a PERFECTLY level work surface?:D

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing those. My wife has been looking for a hobby we could enjoy together. Perhaps I can put pedals on my Powermatic?