PDA

View Full Version : Football Helmet Graphic

Ron Thompson
09-23-2008, 5:32 PM
Hi Everyone.

I'm planning on making some name tag badges in the shape of a football helmey for my grandsons pee-wee football team. I'll engrave the kids last name and player number to give to the parents as a donation.

I'm looking for a clean helmet design that has room for the lettering and number. Does anyone (yes, I know Frank will share something) have something for the kids (ages 10 years old)

Also I don't know how many of us with lasers have used the laser to cut material applique, but it's great. I purchase "Sports Twill (PSA and Perm) from Twill USA www.twillusa.com (http://www.twillusa.com) , stick two layers togeter, cut it on the laser and then heat press (Stahls' Hotronix Swinger) it on a garment at 320 degrees. It's does a super job and is not going to come off.

If anyone would like to see the process and a sample of my work, let me know and I'll try to post some photos. I find it's great if you want a larger sweatshirt logo, say 12" plus. You can do it for about $2 to $3 each. Also you can purchase the Twill by the yard for about $6 and they have many colors to choose from.

Thanks for your help.

Ron Thompson
Poke-Me
San Jose, CA

Harlan Kilbourn
09-23-2008, 6:12 PM
Ron,

This one works for me.

Harlan

Frank Corker
09-23-2008, 7:38 PM
Here are some helmets and a few footbally / mascoty / logo doofers to play with your mind.

Peter Meacham
09-23-2008, 7:50 PM
Hi Ron

I would like to see your process for cutting twill - and I'm sure others would as well. What kind of items do you make - well, I guess we will see when you post your photos.

Thanks, Pete

Mike Mackenzie
09-23-2008, 9:45 PM
Peter,

You can see some examples of the twill here.

http://www.cemlasers.com/PhotoGallery.aspx?GalCatId=10

Some are sewn some are just heat applied.

Ron Thompson
09-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Here's another "How-To" link for Epilog lasers cutting Sports Twill from TwillUSA.com

http://www.epiloglaser.com/sc_fabric.htm

I'll also post some pictures in a week or so.

Ron

And thanks Harlen and Frank for the clipart helmets. I know which one I'll use. In fact I'll use one of the helmets and create a no-sew applique for a sweatshirt or jersey and a name badge with the same design. But it will be a week or two before I cn do it.

Mike Null
09-24-2008, 6:52 AM
Ron

Just for fun try using the basic shapes tools in Corel along with the various weld type tools you'll be able to draw your own in 5 minutes.

Use the oval and rectangle tools.

Gary and Jessica Houghton
09-29-2008, 5:02 PM
Here are a couple of files that we have used for name badges and paper cut-outs. The footballs were badges for the High School booster club - very well received. The helmets were cut out of of "3-for-a-dollar" poster board from the dollar store. It was blue and engraved bright white (engraved through the dyed top coat down to the un-dyed core).

There is a black oval on the inside of the helmet. It is there to align the name. Be sure to change it to a white outline before sending to the laser.

Gary and Jessica Houghton