PDA

View Full Version : Made it through the weekend!

Joe Pelonio
09-23-2008, 8:09 AM
Despite my stress over walking my daughter down the aisle, and the father/bride dance, we made it without incident, and it was a wonderful wedding. The bride and groom are now in Croatia for their honeymoon, and when they return we have just a short time to move their belongings into storage before they go to Italy for 9 months where her new husband has
accepted an assignment. Sunday we had many family and friends over for much of the day and had a great time visiting. Monday my Mom had her back surgery, which went very well. My step-dad and I visited with her for a while after recovery and she was very alert and cheerful. The surgeon is convinced that after rehab time she will be able to walk briskly without pain.

The bride and groom during a toast, my wife and kids (and I):

Von Bickley
09-23-2008, 8:15 AM
Sounds like ya'll have been busy.... Glad to hear everything is going O.K.

Mitchell Andrus
09-23-2008, 9:27 AM
Congratulations.... Gee Joe, you clean up nice.

Must be the suit.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-23-2008, 9:36 AM
Congrats Joe!

Jim Becker
09-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Congratulations, Joe and family!

Craig D Peltier
09-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats Joe! Just went through the marriage part myself I appreciate what one goes through for a wedding more.
Best of luck with your mom as well.

Scott Shepherd
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Congratulations Joe! An assignment in Italy....? Wow, she married into a cool profession :)

That's great news about your Mother's surgery. I hope her recovery is speedy.

Good to see you back.

Belinda Barfield
09-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Lovely family Joe. Glad to know the wedding came off without a hitch, well other than the bride and groom getting hitched of course. I'm also glad to know your mother is recovering and had a good outcome from the surgery.

Phyllis Meyer
09-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Joe,

Congratulations! What wonderful pictures! Blessings go out to the newlyweds, and your family (quick recovery for mom)!

Phyllis:)

Joe Pelonio
09-23-2008, 1:48 PM
Thanks for all the kind words!

Now I'll give a little advice. If business is slow, like mine has been this summer, take a few days off. This morning the e-mails, faxes and calls are driving me up the wall. :)