PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly shipping to Cincinnati

Dave Lehnert
09-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Anyone from Cincinnati know who the trucking company is Grizzly uses to ship larger tools to Cincinnati? Trying to figure out if that truck line comes through work.

Rob Grubbs
09-23-2008, 5:53 AM
I am a couple hours south from you, but they always ship by UPS freight to me.

Justin Collins
09-23-2008, 7:59 AM
My BIL and I went and picked up my jointer at their Sharonville location.

Jeffrey M Jones
09-23-2008, 3:13 PM
Hey Dave, I recieved all of my griz stuff from UPS freight. Be sure to tell them you need a lift truck!!!! if you dont have a forklift or something if you are going to order a large tool. they assume you have one and getting a 600 lb planer out of a truck can be dufficult without a lift. for some reason, they state its 120$ for a lift to come but they must have a hookup with UPS here as it only costed me 35. hope this helps

Paul Gatti
09-24-2008, 1:02 AM
I've ordered a few things from Grizzly and the shipping company they use will depend on where the item is coming from. My jointer came by FedEx Freight and my planer came UPS freight.

Mark Hulette
09-24-2008, 9:15 AM
I'm about 90 miles south of you and when my bandsaw from Grizz was delivered, it came via Overnite (no liftgate was needed)- Nice guy driving, too. Helped me load it into the pickup but don't expect that with all drivers.

Chris Gombola
09-24-2008, 3:17 PM
I just ordered an 8" jointer shipping to Columbus. It came through UPS freight. When you request a lift gate, request it from Grizzly directly, call up Grizzly CS and tell them what you need. They'll charge you about $30 vs. the $100+ UPS freight will want.

Rob Diz
09-26-2008, 3:06 PM
I live in Cincinnati. My G0513x came through Overnite/UPS. It got a little banged up in shipping. Grizzly made it right.

I also recently (as in yesterday and Wednesday) had deliveries from Ward and Conway. Both send the "short truck" at my request without an additional charge. I was told that they both only have one short truck in the area, and I can tell you that both of the short trucks have lift gates. Both drivers were very helpful, and both look surprised when I paid in cash and gave them a tip.

Doors and drawers came undamaged frow Walzcraft (very well boxed) and drawer boxes from CCF in Pittsburgh - less well crated, but unscratched.