PDA

View Full Version : Taint Purdy

Bart Leetch
09-22-2008, 11:41 PM
But it works. I got this Rockler router table top a while back for $20 its just been setting around the shop. The other day I was starting to repair a bunch of cabinet doors for the apartments & thought it sure would be nice to have 2 router tables one for rabbiting & one to trim the laminate on the door. So I quickly built this base so I could clamp it to a workmate it sure streamlined production. When I move to a bigger shop I'll build a base cabinet. For now portability & function are what I need.

David G Baker
09-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Bart,
Looks good and serves the purpose.
I love those Workmates. I have 5 of them and have all kinds of jigs for fastening things in the vise or clamp things to the table. I find them at garage sales for good prices and in most cases they are in new condition.

Bart Leetch
09-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I know what you mean David I have 3 workmates & have one in use most of the time.

Jim Heffner
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, purdy don't feed the bulldog either does it? Gotta love those workmates, I have one of the old model ones (about 20 years old) it still works just fine. I have 1/2 half of solid core door attached to it right now, makes one good strong assembly/extra work table for the shop!

Bart Leetch
09-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Jim

How did you reconstruct the door & make it to go with the workmate?

Jim Becker
09-23-2008, 8:04 AM
Sure you're not a Northeast Yankee, Bart? :D That works!

Von Bickley
09-23-2008, 8:21 AM
Bart,

Looks good to me. I know it will get a lot of use.....

Don Bullock
09-23-2008, 8:41 AM
Bart, that looks like a good solution. It's amazing how many things one can do with Workmates. I have one of the original ones that's been my workbench since I bought it new in the 1970s.

Bart Leetch
09-23-2008, 3:46 PM
You know your on a WW forum where there are people that are get er done type of wood workers when they show appreciation for simple setups & jigs that make things happen. Thanks for your response.

Steve Clardy
09-23-2008, 4:15 PM
Yep. Get-er-done is my line of shop cabinets and jigs. I build stuff to work for me, not look pretty.

That might change if I ever retire and have the time to build pretty shop stuff though.