PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Alignment

Gene Michael
09-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I have a Delta contractors saw, model 36-650. Bought it five years ago, used it for a couple of projects, then it went into storage while we built a house. Have had it back in service for about six months and decided today to get rid of a slight misalignment problem. Easier said than done.

With the trunion bolts loosened, I twisted the assembly clockwise to its adjustment limit and the alignment was perfect. Then, put the motor belt back on, which placed the weight of the motor on the assembly. It was instantly back to 1/16th inch off in a counter-clockwise direction.

At first, I thought the bearings were loose, but that's not the case - they have virtually no play. The problem is the pin on which the blade assembly rides - that's where the play is. With the trunions at the limit of their adjustment range, I can't adjust 1/16" further and than let the motor pull the blade assembly into alignment. As far as I can see, the yoke that holds the blade assembly has no means for adjustment.

Has anyone else ever run into this problem with a Delta and does anyone have suggestions for a cure? :confused: