PDA

View Full Version : One of those gagets that I really like.

Bill Huber
09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I call them gadgets because they look like one of those items that are sold on TV, you know for $19.95 but wait.....

I picked up one of these just to use up the rest of a gift card I had.
It came in and I took it out to the shop just for the heck of it, not really thinking it was much.

Well I got a nice surprise, I really like it, it is a great tool and I have ordered 2 more of them for my other 2 blades.

It is nice to hold the blade as you are undoing the arbor nut don't have to use a scrap hunk of wood.
Then when you get the nut off just lift out the blade by the handle and it is protected. Then you can hang it on the wall or what ever you do with your blades, it stays right on the blade.
You are protected from the blade and the blade is protected from getting hit by something. When you are ready to put the blade back on just grab the handle and put the blade on, you never take a chance of hitting a tooth on the saw.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11440&filter=Saw%2DJaw%20Blade%20Tool

Anthony Whitesell
09-22-2008, 9:11 AM
Too bad they only make them for 10" blades. I could really use one for my 8-9" table saw.

Bill White
09-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Got one, and it sure makes the changin' easier.
Bill

John Sanford
09-22-2008, 1:07 PM
That's just one of them gadgets that, in the past, wouldn't have made sense to me. Not, mind you, because I'm cheap, or because I'm anti-gadget, but simply because I'm blessed with a Delta saw that has flats on the arbor!! Now, when I was back in Albuquerque doing the kitchen remodel, I was using my father's Delta Contractor's Saw, only the wrench for the arbor flats was missing, so I did do the chunkawood procedure, and I can see how handy that doo-dad would be.

What I don't understand though is why don't more of the toolmakers put the flats on the arbor? :confused:

Lon LeBlanc
09-22-2008, 1:23 PM
What I don't understand though is why don't more of the toolmakers put the flats on the arbor? :confused:

My Ridgid TS3650 has one. Sure makes things easy!

Lon

Dave Lehnert
09-22-2008, 3:52 PM
Thanks for the tip.

I always thought why use such an item when a block of wood will do. I did not realize you also stored the blades on them. Now see the value in them.

Bill Huber
09-22-2008, 3:52 PM
That's just one of them gadgets that, in the past, wouldn't have made sense to me. Not, mind you, because I'm cheap, or because I'm anti-gadget, but simply because I'm blessed with a Delta saw that has flats on the arbor!! Now, when I was back in Albuquerque doing the kitchen remodel, I was using my father's Delta Contractor's Saw, only the wrench for the arbor flats was missing, so I did do the chunkawood procedure, and I can see how handy that doo-dad would be.

But taking the nut off is just part of what it does, it protects the blade and you for getting a little cut from it.