PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visits: Tom Henry & Zahid Naqvi

Jim Becker
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I was kinda like "Grand Creeker Station" here today with a couple of visits. Tom Henry stopped by in the late afternoon to pick up some magazines I had for him and Zahid Naqvi visited this evening as he was in the area on business. I enjoyed the conversation with both of these gentlemen...a great pleasure, indeed!

And the proof....

Tom Henry
09-21-2008, 10:33 PM
I am sure we will meet up in the future again. Thanks again Jim!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Cograts to all! Creeker visits are the greatest!

Zahid Naqvi
10-02-2008, 9:46 AM
Jim, It was great to finally meet you after being on-line buddies for so many years. The business visits to Philly are one of the most painful "excursions" I have to go to, this time around it was work for 22 hrs streight. The only reason I volunteer to go is to hook up with some of the creekers (I met Alan -Philadelphia furniture factory- the last time I was there). That is a testament to the creeker bond.

BTW Jim, I really enjoyed looking at all the projects you had done around the house, specially since I had seen pictures of most of them.

John Thompson
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM
It's great when guys drop in as they did. I had Steve Melliot drop by to get a free DW scroll saw stand on his way to a turning seminar in the N. Ga. mountains a few Saturdays ago and... Joe Petersen dropped by a week ago to get a box of free WW mags.

Regards...

Sarge..

Gregory Lyons
10-02-2008, 2:15 PM
Is it just me or did you shave off your beard in between visits?

Jim Becker
10-03-2008, 9:13 PM
Is it just me or did you shave off your beard in between visits?

Very perceptive. My "extended vacation" came to an end. Most of September was a no travel month for me with no customer visits, so the fuzz was left go from the family vacation the last two weeks of August until it was no longer an option. First time I ever did a full beard. Kids hated it, however, but it did look nice with the leather cowboy hat. LOL

Zahid, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It was a pleasure having you come by and I hope we can get together again in the future. You and that other Arky in the 'bibs together would be a real hoot!... :)