PDA

View Full Version : Need silencer for the Schlumpf vacuum sys

Dave Duane
09-21-2008, 7:51 PM
Can anyone help me with a source for the silencer in Steve's write up for the vacuum system? The surplus center does not have them right now, and I'm not sure where else to look. Not really sure how to search for it either? Where would you normally see these things used?

Randy Degen
09-21-2008, 8:53 PM
Dave go to this link this is what you are looking for. Randy

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1EJW6

Robert McGowen
09-21-2008, 9:44 PM
Made the Schlumpf vacuum setup, have the silencer, could have done without it. I would make the system and see if you really need the silencer first. It is the last thing you screw in if needed, so no loss if you decide you need it. Also, hurry up and build it! I don't know how I turned without one now that I built it.

Steve Schlumpf
09-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Dave,

Robert is correct - depending on how you have your system set up - you may not need the silencer. If you use the second air filter and place it on the output of the pump - you will not notice any difference in the output volumn level whether you use the silencer or not. If you do not plan on using a second air filter - then the silencer would probably be a good thing to have but it would function more as a filter. Either way I wouldn't worry about it as I don't think the volumn level is that bad to begin with and you shouldn't have any problem living with out it.

Dave Duane
09-22-2008, 8:24 AM
OK, I'll give it a try without it. Everything is plumbed, just need to finish up the wiring and I'll be ready to fire it up. I should have the adapter from Tom sometime this week. New toys....I love it.