PDA

View Full Version : Inside out inside an inside out ornament

Curt Fuller
09-21-2008, 5:11 PM
I been trying a faster way to make inside out ornaments. I wish I would have used prettier wood. This is a small 3/4" x 2" inside out ornament inside of a larger 1 3/4" x 4 1/2" inside out. The small one has a wire axle that lets it turn inside of the larger one. It's poplar that turned splt pea soup green when the lacquer hit it and redheart.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-21-2008, 5:18 PM
Curt...that is too cool! Wait 'til Larry Marley sees this one! He will really appreciate it!

Steve Schlumpf
09-21-2008, 5:19 PM
Pretty cool ornament there Curt! Great concept - beautiful ornament! These should sell big time - very unique!

Bernie Weishapl
09-21-2008, 9:34 PM
That is a beauty Curt. Really neat one inside the other.

Larry Marley
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Curt...that is too cool! Wait 'til Larry Marley sees this one! He will really appreciate it!

Yep, I do!

I leaned how to make Inside out from Curt's tutorial...

Nice as usual Curt

"Inside out inside an inside out ornament"
Say that three times fast

David Walser
09-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I been trying a faster way to make inside out ornaments.

Curt,

I can't see how making two ornaments, one inside of the other, can be "a faster way to make inside out ornaments", but I sure do like the concept!

Richard Madison
09-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Curt,
You mentioned a faster way. Looks like you are using only two pieces instead of four. It's late and I must be missing something. Great looking ornament!

Curt Fuller
09-22-2008, 7:42 AM
Curt,
You mentioned a faster way. Looks like you are using only two pieces instead of four. It's late and I must be missing something. Great looking ornament!
Actually just using 1 piece and then cutting it into 4 after the first turning.

Thanks for the comments!