PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly prices to increase at year end

James Carmichael
05-12-2004, 9:47 AM
I just got the summer sale catalog from Grizzly announcing price increases on the G0555 bandsaw and "other tools" at year's end. It didn't say how much, but if anyone's planning on buying Grizzly in the near future, you might want to move your schedule up.

Jim Becker
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
James, almost every manufacturer has announced price increases; largely due to steel prices and the exchange rates. Some have already implemented the increases (more than once in a few cases). But then again, when you look at the prices we pay for fine machinery vs the same type of machinery years ago expressed in current dollars...we're doing pretty well!

Sadly, this is also affecting the abilty of some small suppliers to bring in the specialty machines they offer here in North America. By example, there was an indication in the Stubby forum at Yahoo the other day that John Jordan has had to stop importing these fine lathes from Australia for the time being due to cost issues related to the exchange rate, etc.

James Carmichael
05-12-2004, 1:18 PM
Yes, I expect with fuel & raw material prices going up, so will durable goods, which have been a buyer's paradise in the U.S. lately.

I only posted because the G0555 is so popular, lots of people who may be planning to buy might want to do it now.

Kelly C. Hanna
05-12-2004, 2:07 PM
Bummer! Better get my cabinet saw and bandsaw plans on the front burner. Sure is nice of them to wait til then...no one else is.