PDA

View Full Version : Mesquite bowl

Mike Vickery
09-19-2008, 11:45 PM
This bowl is 8x2 and is made from local Mesquite. The finish is deft oil that has been buffed and waxed.

It may be a little bit till you see another one. I was turing another bowl and went to sharpen for my last cut on the inside and the switch on my grinder stopped working. I ended up freehand sharpening the gouge on my belt sanding statiom to be able to take the last couple cuts. So I am currently with out a good method to sharpen.

Comments and critiques are always appreciated.

Steve Schlumpf
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Mike - great looking bowl as per usual! Beautiful grain, great color and form! Never get tired at seeing these!

Only comment I can come up with is: Fix your grinder switch and get back to turning!

Judy Kingery
09-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Mike,

Nice bowl - I enjoy turning Mesquite and I think you did a beautiful job. We have lots of it here as well.

One thing I might add is while our grinder does work and we have a jig set up (I need that to sharpen correctly, not good at free hand) to do gouges, if you like using a skew, I almost never use the grinder to sharpen those, almost always the sander. Hope you get it fixed soon as the bowl gouge is my favorite tool of all!

Again nice job on the bowl!

Jude

Ken Fitzgerald
09-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Mke,

Very nice. I like everything about it. Nicely done.

Curt Fuller
09-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I alway like the clean smooth lines of your bowls! This is another beauty!

Bernie Weishapl
09-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Mike another great looking bowl. Form, wood and finish are great.

Keith Burns
09-20-2008, 9:50 PM
Yup, whats already been said. Another great bowl.

Mike Vickery
09-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks evryone I appreciate the kind words. Not to worry I picked up a new switch for my grinder yesterday and I am back in business.