PDA

View Full Version : Melts in your mouth, not in your laser!

Joe Pelonio
09-18-2008, 4:20 PM
I've just informed my wife that we could have saved $85 by using the laser to personalize the m&ms for the wedding favors, and on white it's more readable than the factory printing. I have no macro lens but hopefully you can see it, in person it's very legible and didn't affect the candy (I ate it).

I won't be around much in the next few days, with my daughter's rehearsal tomorrow mid-day, the wedding Saturday, a houseful of guests Sunday and my Mom's back surgery Monday.

Brian Robison
09-18-2008, 4:26 PM
We need a whole list of foods to engrave.
I've threatened to engrave religious things on food
and sell them on ebay.

Cary Fleming
09-18-2008, 5:26 PM
Hey Joe,

That looks great. What setting did you use? (If you don't mind sharing.)

Joe Pelonio
09-18-2008, 5:59 PM
I did it at 50 power and 50 speed. it was just enough to go thru the white outer shell and reveal the brown inner shell over the soft center.

Frank Corker
09-18-2008, 6:18 PM
Sounds sweet!

Scott Erwin
09-18-2008, 6:28 PM
I dont recall seeing M&Ms that were white...I thought they were colored....green ones I know I keep trying to give to my girl as everyone knows what those do.....

Mike Mackenzie
09-18-2008, 9:16 PM
I will start the list I just decided to try this take a look

Michael Kowalczyk
09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
That's hilarious :D Mike.

I can see it now, Taco Bell's little chihuahua on the side of a Gordita or soft Taco in a TV commercial but would the public pay an extra 2.00 for it? I don't know, it could be the newest trend. I can hear it now at lunch tables everywhere--- "Hey Laura, don't sit over there with Sally, She's eating that plain old generic food. Can you believe she had the nerve to bring that stuff in here instead of getting the new and improved lasered brand like we have? They say it improves the flavor while reducing calories. I've just started eating them yesterday but I can already feel a difference. Can you tell? (as she spins around) What will they think of next? :eek:"

Don't worry if your names were used it is just a coincidence. These are fictitious people used only for demonstration purposes.;)

I know they have lasered steaks before, now we have M&M's and tortillas to add. The list could be endless but we have to start somewhere. Just think of the possibilities.

Joe, look what you've started! Hope your daughter has an Awesome and Blessed wedding! Maybe you'll get a few more ideas there.

None of us will ever look at food in the same way after today.

So keep them coming.

Thanks and ...

Bill Morrison
09-19-2008, 7:44 AM
sounds like a commercial, tell me more. By the way, congraulations.

Bill

Nick Napier
09-19-2008, 9:15 AM
It would be interesting to see the fixture you made to do M&M's.

Nick Napier