PDA

View Full Version : Service Pack 3 printing problems

Jason Lippert
09-18-2008, 4:18 PM
So after getting really annoyed with the fact that I could not hide the SP3 update like other updates, I broke down and installed the darn thing. The first thing I notice is printing to any printer, be they networked or direct, is
S L O W :mad: One particular quirk is that the Epilog dialog window shows both the classic and the new style interface stacked on top of each other. Although the old style is not active, it just shows behind. The biggest lag I get is when I click print from any program. It takes forever for the dialog box to come up. I most likely will just uninstall, but then I will get nagged all the time again. Here's hoping some one else has experienced this found a workaround :D

John Noell
09-18-2008, 9:58 PM
I've had absolutely no issues with SP3. Didn't change printing behavior (or anything else) that I've noticed. (And I'm a computer tech so I tend to notice things, even if they are not really there. :))

Mike Null
09-19-2008, 6:40 AM
I have not noticed any changes since installing SP3.

mike holden
09-19-2008, 7:47 AM
SP3 completely hosed my computer. Had to boot via a recovery CD and restore an older version. Happened twice using automatic updates, so I downloaded it from Microsoft, and installed from my computer - hosed it again. So, until there is a patched version available, SP2 is it for me.
Mike

Roy Brewer
09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
...S L O W :mad: One particular quirk is that the Epilog dialog window shows both the classic and the new style interface stacked on top of each other. Jason,
Do you mean you can see the old interface behind the new interface *after* you installed SP3 (but couldn't before)?

SP3 uses RAM differently. Since I've not heard this from anyone else:
1) Do you have plenty of RAM? X4 likes at least 1.5G
2) Are you sure you have plenty of space on both primary/secdary swap files in Corel?
3) Similarly, try increasing the % of RAM for Corel's use.

}}} both 2 & 3 will be found in Tools>Options>Workspace>Memory {{{

Jason Lippert
09-23-2008, 1:31 PM
Hey Roy,
This started after the SP3 install. As to the RAM question, I have 2GB RAM of which Corel is given up to 50% of that. 26GB available for primary and secondary scratch. (Only have one hd) I do have compression enabled, not sure that is a problem.

Rob Patterson
09-23-2008, 8:11 PM
I am new to the laser side but work in the IT field. A thought that comes to mind to me is to un-install the driver, then reinstall it.

I am also using SP3 with no issues.

Just a though. Good luck!

Larry Bratton
09-23-2008, 8:27 PM
I have SP3 also with no issues.

Bill Cunningham
09-23-2008, 10:31 PM
No problem here either.. I'm running it on a 5 year OLD machine, with not much ram.. (up grading later this year) the only '3' thing I've had a prblem with is firefox 3.. I install it, it runs fine until I send something from it to the printer, and then it RE-BOOTS the computer..grrrrrr. Restored Waiting for FF4..