PDA

View Full Version : 580 lb gloat

Jamie Baalmann
09-17-2008, 4:44 PM
Picked up a dj20 off of ebay today. Will go pick it up as soon as my mobile base gets here that i ordered. Not sure if it runs but I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

Brian Peters
09-17-2008, 6:50 PM
Sweet, how much did that run you. How will you lug it back to your shop?

Peter Quinn
09-17-2008, 7:11 PM
Nice! I bought the same model from EBAY a few years ago, an old one with an american flag on it! Nice tool. I had it loaded into my van with a fork lift, had to remove the central casting from the base/motor to move it into my basement. Enjoy that jointer.

CPeter James
09-17-2008, 9:23 PM
Be sure that the motor mount is in the correct way. It is almost, but not quite symmetrical and if it is put in backwards, the motor pulley will not be tight up against the motor as it should be. This will cause the pulley to shake on the motor shaft and eventually elongate the pulley bore and ruin the motor shaft. I have seen 3 that were installed wrong from the factory. One destroyed the motor and pulley. Also, you can download the instructions on how to align the tables if it ever becomes necessary.

BTW, I do have a DJ20. This is how I know about these issues. It is a fine machine and will do excellent work.

CPeter

Jamie Baalmann
09-17-2008, 11:30 PM
I got it for $433.00, I hope with the help of the place I bought it, I can get it on the mobile base and then just roll it into my trailer. Thx for the tip CPeter... I'll take a look at it. I'm hoping the thing runs otherwise putting a new motor on it will keep me from getting a shelix head.