PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Versalaser + Gravograph

Zac Altman
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Ok, im back. Ive got to decide between the Gravograph LS100 and the Versalaser 2.30.

I have looked around, but cant seem to find the simple answers.

Gravograph: The software is $2k extra, without the software is it just like using the epilog print drivers. So without the software you design in Corel and print, choose the speed and power, then print to the laser.

I will be doing smaller, individual, high detail projects. Aluminium w/ Cermark, coated aluminium and a little wood/acrylic. Which one comes with a finer lense? I want very high detail without taking away from the focal range (new iPod nanos are curved, i dont want it to start fading too early.

On another note, anyone done one of the new nanos yet?

For me the table sizzes are fine, the power is fine, i dont need ultra fast speed because the bulk of each project will be setting it up.

I still have to go visit the Gravograph people to check out their system, but I think i have a good idea on how it works.

Which have you had experience with? Thoughts?

Roy Brewer
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Zac,
If you are like 90%+ of my installations that say
...i dont need ultra fast speed because.... it will come back to bite you. If you get anything going at all, you'll want more speed very soon.

Zac Altman
09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Zac,
If you are like 90%+ of my installations that say it will come back to bite you. If you get anything going at all, you'll want more speed very soon.

Haha, ive seen the Versa and tested it. To me it works fast enough, but yeah, we always want faster, stronger, bigger, better. This is what I can afford to get.

Mark Winlund
09-19-2008, 11:41 AM
A lot of used New Hermes equipment winds up in the "used equipment" sections of the trade magazines... their software policies are very proprietary. Be warned! The customer service aspect is another problem. I would go with ULS.

Mark