PDA

View Full Version : business card holder

Bill Morrison
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
If you were going to buy a business card holder, the kind you carry around with you. Where would you buy yours? I would like to get the ones where you engrave the top of it, not an insert.
Also, I am trying to take a photo of an engraving I did on mirrored acrylic and it just doesn't come out looking like a mirror. Anyone have any tips?

THanks
Bill

Brian Robison
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Bill,
I've got a card holder but I can't remember where I got it. I'll talk to my brain (wife) and see if I can find them.

Brian Robison
09-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I think it was Laser Bits

Doug Bergstrom
09-17-2008, 10:46 AM
The nicest ones we sell come from Chewbarka. I find the inserts to be better because there is a lot less waste in something happens. We have done the anodized aluminum ones but mine didn't last as well as the stainless with the insert.

Bill Morrison
09-17-2008, 1:37 PM
Does the insert stay put?? I am using the wood cards and they get really crunchy when I keep them in my wallet. I made some poker chips with my vanity site in the white space but my wife said I was having too much fun. Back to the wooden business cards.

Did the aluminum wear down? I'm only getting about 5 of them for family members can hand out cards for me.

Thanks
Bill

Ramon Carrizosa
09-17-2008, 11:25 PM
Chewbarka's are very good, they come supplied with adhesive sheet (double sided). The inserts are great in case you mess one side up. Johnson's has fully anodized cases. http://johnsonplastics.com/

Bill Morrison
09-17-2008, 11:58 PM
THanks for the input, I think I will order 2 or 3 from each place mentioned and see what happens to each. I do like the idea of the inserts because maybe, just maybe, I might mess up one side. nawww.

Thank you

Bill

David Dustin
09-18-2008, 6:10 AM
I have some of Chewbarkas type with the insert, but have yet to open them.
The all aluminum ones are quite a bit over priced for what you get IMHO.
David