PDA

View Full Version : Vectoring help

Joshua Gillum
09-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Which programs do you guys use to vector your images. Im having a problem when I transfer the design / "print" it to the vls software it shows up all pixalized and will shift position on the screen.

Thanks In advance

Josh

Darren Null
09-17-2008, 6:47 AM
Coreldraw has a trace image feature.

There's also a free program that has (IMO) a better one called Inkscape:
http://www.inkscape.org/

All pixillated and moving about may be a symptom of something else. What software you using?

Joshua Gillum
09-17-2008, 9:15 AM
Coreldraw X3 Can someone help me go over it? I will be more than happy to paypal some $$ need to learn how to use it :(

Joe Pelonio
09-17-2008, 9:40 AM
Coreldraw X3 Can someone help me go over it? I will be more than happy to paypal some $$ need to learn how to use it :(
Try this and see if it helps:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1171405233027

Darren Null
09-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Or:

1) Import your bitmap.
2) Click on Bitmap --> Trace Bitmap --> Detailed image (I usually start with that one)
3) Select number of colours you want in the end result (often it's better converting your image to black and white first, instead of doing it here)
4) Wobble the slidey bits about until it looks like you want.
5) Press OK

Joshua Gillum
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks darren. My other problem was it was not in landscape so when looking at the preview it would shift *doooH*:rolleyes:

Mike Mackenzie
09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Joshua,

If you want to arrange a time you are welcome to come in and we will go over things with you.

Darren Null
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Heh. That would do it. And as for the pixillated images, is it possible you're using JPEG images? JPEGs are quite often at 72 or 96 DPI and for some reason Corel just doesn't like them very much. I usually do a bit pf pre-processing of images in photoshop and change the images to 300 DPI TIFF files (or 150 DPI if I'm burning on glass).
But don't be too distressed if your image looks a bit rough in Corel...it's not exactly what you're going to end up burning. A properly processed image that has been Photograv'd looks hideous in Corel, but burns well.

Joshua Gillum
09-17-2008, 6:04 PM
Thanks mike sent a message. When would be a good time:D