PDA

View Full Version : Read Tip on babywipes for glue rags

Craig D Peltier
09-16-2008, 2:05 PM
One of the trade mags.I tried it today. Got the non scented type. It works well but there so small its like wetting a large thicker tissue. Guess you could use a whole box for a job or two an its still worth the convenience of not having to wet a rag (s) and find a non glue spot on it.
Just my 2cents

Jim Becker
09-16-2008, 7:50 PM
Are you referring to wiping excess glue off the workpiece with a damp rag? I stopped doing that and just scrape it after it gets "gummy". I also mask inside corners to minimize the chance for excess glue to get on the workpiece surface at all. Like many folks, I found that wiping the glue with a wet rag will sometimes get the glue deeper into pores, etc., which on some woods makes for a difficult situation.

Craig D Peltier
09-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Are you referring to wiping excess glue off the workpiece with a damp rag? I stopped doing that and just scrape it after it gets "gummy". I also mask inside corners to minimize the chance for excess glue to get on the workpiece surface at all. Like many folks, I found that wiping the glue with a wet rag will sometimes get the glue deeper into pores, etc., which on some woods makes for a difficult situation.
I am referring to that. Im building paint grade right now so I wipe it off wet. Usually for glue ups I scrape off after dry or gummy.