PDA

View Full Version : corel draw-out of memory

jeremy haneca
09-15-2008, 7:43 PM
i bought my machine (explorer2 30w), and used it for 4 hours the first day. When i started up my comp the nxt. and went to print something, a corel draw prompt came up saying out of memory. my comp. isnt the best and i already have another on order but im wondering if its something i can quick fix....... it says that i still have 63% memory left after a scandisk aswell.

Darren Null
09-15-2008, 8:36 PM
There's 2 types of memory CorelDraw uses, RAM and hard disk space (called a swap disk, used if you run out of RAM). If you don't have enough RAM, there's little you can do about it but put more in or get another computer.

You can have a look in:
Tools-->Options-->Workspace-->Memory
...and see if your swapdisks are configured. If they aren't, just make a directory (say corel) on your C: drive and put the path in
c:\corel

Scott Erwin
09-19-2008, 6:59 PM
Did this happen when you got your laser, or after you installed Corel? If you installed Corel and elected to install all of the fonts, you could have some issues there also....

just my 2¢ worth...and I will likely get change back too...

John Noell
09-20-2008, 1:35 AM
You might also check to see how much disk space your "swap memory" (aka "virtual memory" in windows) is set to use. Go to Control panels->System->click on 'Advanced' tab->click on 'Settings' in the top pane ('Performance' which includes visual effects etc. AND virtual memory)-> click on 'Advanced' tab-> click on 'Change' in the Virtual memory pane (bottom one). If it is set to a 'Custom' size, you may want to change that to 'System managed size.'