PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm a grandfather for the first time!

Fred Voorhees
09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, around 8:23 PM Saturday, our son and his wife made my wife and I grandparents for the first time. Grandson = 7 lbs 11.2 oz and is named Joshua Matthew.

Jerry Bruette
09-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Congratulatons Fred,

Feels good doesn't it? :) It was the birth of my grandson that got me interested in woodworking. Nothing serious yet, a stool and now a kaleidoscope for his 2nd birthday. Son and DIL just informed us last month that number two is on the way. Don't know what it'll be yet but LOML and I are looking forward to the arrival.

Hope Mom and baby are doing fine.

Jerry

Steve Schlumpf
09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Congrats Fred! Grandkids are a blast! We're up to 9 now and each one is amazing! Have fun!

Jim Becker
09-14-2008, 2:34 PM
Congratulations, Fred and K!!!

My brother has been a grandfather now for almost a year and a half. With any luck, I have another decade to wait... LOL

Belinda Barfield
09-14-2008, 5:27 PM
Congrats to both the proud grandparents and the proud parents. Spoil 'em rotten! It's your job you know.

Peter Stahl
09-14-2008, 6:14 PM
Congrats Fred. Being a Gradparent you can return them asap if they misbehave.

Fred Voorhees
09-14-2008, 6:23 PM
Congrats to both the proud grandparents and the proud parents. Spoil 'em rotten! It's your job you know.

Belinda, I've also been told that it is our duty to - while babysitting them (grandkids) - to pump them full of caffeinated soda and load them up with chocolate right before returning them to to their rightful owners......kind of payback for all of the years of misery that they put us through.:D

Phyllis Meyer
09-15-2008, 8:22 AM
Congratulations Fred,

We don't have any, our girls are dating, but no marriage talk yet, but we have many neices and nephews that we spoil!

What a wonderful Blessing for your family!

Phyllis:)

Mitchell Andrus
09-15-2008, 8:50 AM
Congratulations. Just like having kids did, this will change your life.

Now, you'll be 'gramps'.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ken Fitzgerald
09-15-2008, 9:07 AM
Congrats Fred! Grandkids are great. Spoil them little rascals and send 'em home.

Belinda Barfield
09-15-2008, 9:10 AM
Belinda, I've also been told that it is our duty to - while babysitting them (grandkids) - to pump them full of caffeinated soda and load them up with chocolate right before returning them to to their rightful owners......kind of payback for all of the years of misery that they put us through.:D

And don't forget it is your responsibility to buy his/her first drum kit at around 4 or 5! :D (only to be played at home of course) A saxophone or an electric guitar will do in a pinch.

Dennis Peacock
09-15-2008, 9:26 AM
Congrats Fred..!!!!!! and family. :)

May you spoil them rotten and love them to fullfilment.

Lee Schierer
09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations. Grandkids are great. Oh by the way, grandkids love wooden toys, particularly wooden train whistles and flutes that they help to make. We ususally get ours finished just in time for them to take them home!:D