PDA

View Full Version : Gloat!

Maria Alvarado
09-13-2008, 5:30 PM
I sold my first bowl!!!:D:D:D

My sister asked me to put a few pieces in her shop as she's trying to branch out and I sold the large spalted sweetgum bowl I posted a while back. [Here again so you don't have to search].

Guess I'd better start calling the garage "The Studio" ;)

Steve Schlumpf
09-13-2008, 5:44 PM
Congrats Maria! May it be the first of many!

Leo Van Der Loo
09-13-2008, 6:48 PM
That is a nice bowl Maria, hope you didn't sell it toooo cheap :),now you don't have it anymore, just the picture, and someone else is probably very happy with it :D :D
I'm sure it is a good feeling that someone did find your work good enough to lay $$ out for it.
Just make sure that it stays fun and that it not becomes another job/work, and yes the $$ are nice, you'll need a bunch for more tools and other niceties :D :D

YES this WOOD-CHICK DID CHUCK WOOD VERY WELL :cool:,I love it

Ken Fitzgerald
09-13-2008, 6:50 PM
I can see why that sold Maria! Congrats ...now back to the studio.

Bernie Weishapl
09-13-2008, 6:58 PM
Yes as Ken said you can see why that bowl sold. It is a beauty. Now back out to the studio. Time is a wasting. :eek::D:rolleyes:

Maria Alvarado
09-13-2008, 7:10 PM
Thanks guys,
It is a cool feeling, and yes I let it go for probably much less than others might price it. Actually, funny thing is that I had lowered my initial suggested price and through mis-communication, my sister had priced it at half of that, but then later bumped it up to more than my asking price and THEN it sold. Perception perception perception is the key I guess. Anyway, it was a heckuva lot more than all those I've given away, right? ;)

robert hainstock
09-13-2008, 7:53 PM
A beautiful piece Maria, and may there be many more. Alwys remember to take pixs for your memories. :D:D
Bob

Jim Becker
09-13-2008, 8:36 PM
Ya, welcome to "studio-hood"!!

Very nice bowl, too, Maria!