PDA

View Full Version : Fence for 6" disc/belt sander:

Don Selke
09-13-2008, 5:22 PM
In a early post, I seen a design for a fence for a combination disc/belt sander. I tried the search engine but can not find the post. Can any one direct me to this post? The fence would allow you to use the belt portion of the machine for sanding horizontial material such as rail and stile edges.

Rusty Elam
09-13-2008, 8:05 PM
Don I do not remember the post about it but if you get Woodsmith magazine Vol 30/ No 176 has exactly what you are looking for. Its basically a 18x 28 piece of plywood with 2 dados about 11 inches apart with 2 L shaped brackets that slide in the dados and the fence attaches to the top of the L .
Hope this helps.

Matt Meiser
09-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Rusty, do you have a picture of that? I looked in the online table of contents for that issue but don't see anything about it. http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/176/

Rusty Elam
09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
no Matt I dont , it was in the tips section at the front of the magazine. The one thing I left out of the description above is that the 2 L shaped uprights that slide in the dados are held together with a piece of ply dadoed into them with a nut and a T stot groove to adjust the fence in and out.
Hope this helps.

Rusty

Don Selke
09-14-2008, 2:11 PM
Rusty:
Thanks for the information, I found the article in the magazine as you suggested, That's exactly what I need.

Matt: The article is on page 6 Vol 30/ #176.

I knew I seen it somewhere but could not remember. I thought it was on the creek, I guess I am showing my age. (senior moment)