PDA

View Full Version : New Machine issues

bob pfohler
09-13-2008, 3:57 PM
I just finished assembling my new PLS 3.6 and the beam alignment is off. The instructions in the manual say to reinstall the laser cartridge ( I don't understand that) but it's still off.
Anyone ever have the same issue?

Scott Shepherd
09-13-2008, 5:01 PM
I don't recall doing that process. Seems like I installed the tube and turned it on. I don't recall any beam alignment process at all. I've only used that beam alignment once and it was just a curiosity thing, so it seems to be that it should be off at all times.

But I might be wrong. I just don't ever recall having to use it.

Scott Shepherd
09-13-2008, 8:13 PM
DOH! Sorry Bob! I totally misunderstood your question! Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's been a long, "one of those days" day!

Mike Null
09-14-2008, 8:25 AM
Scott

Would you explain? With my old machine I just checked the alignment before I started using it.

Scott Shepherd
09-14-2008, 8:31 AM
I don't what I can explain, since I misunderstood his post :) I thought he was saying he can't get the "Beam Alignment" to come on (there's a button for it in the control panel), and I couldn't understand why he was trying to make the button come "On" since you can't use the laser when it's on.

However, when I read it later in the day, I realized he wasn't talking about the button, he was talking about the actual beam being off. He's talking beam, I'm talking buttons :)