PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know the Nova 1624...

Don Carter
09-13-2008, 2:34 PM
I have spent the last few days making some bottle stoppers and other small turnings. I have made about a dozen of these things. They are quick and fun.

Just getting used to the new lathe. So far, so good.

BTW, I just became a contributor to SMC. Best money I ever spent!;)

Thanks for looking.
All the best.

Don

Bernie Weishapl
09-13-2008, 3:26 PM
Great looking stopper. Looks like you and the lathe are getting along fine. Congrats on being a contributor. You are right best money spent.

Steve Schlumpf
09-13-2008, 3:39 PM
Don - Congrats on becoming a contributor!

Good looking bottle stopper! Glad to hear you are enjoying your new lathe!

Paul Douglass
09-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Very nice job on the bottle stoppers. I think you are going to love your new lathe. I sure enjoy mine. The slow speed is great for applying a CA finish on bottle stoppers and pens. The only time I get a little frustrated with the belt changing is when I want to go from a very fast speed to the slow speed. I just haven't come up with a smooth technique for moving the belt across several pulleys quickly. I also wish the cover over the pullies hinged in the back instead of the side.

Bill Bolen
09-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Have fun with the new lathe! Thanks for being a contributor, helps out with all the free info here. A little hint on the stoppers...don't put a pointy end on them. You will find a lot of people like to seat the stopper by giving it a slap with the palm of their hand.oooouch....Bill..

Don Carter
09-20-2008, 1:03 PM
Thanks for the comments. I agree with the door over the pulleys. I usually do put flat tops on the stoppers, but LOML wanted something different. What are you gonna do?

I have posted a picture of some others.