PDA

View Full Version : I'm mad as heck!

Matt Ocel
09-13-2008, 1:45 PM
I was just out in the shop installing drawer glides in a cabinet, when I noticed something!

It seems not to long ago the marks on a tape measure were highly visable to me.

Now they must be using less ink or thinner lines when manufacturing these measuring devices, because I can no longer read a tape at close range.

Anybody else been noticing this?;)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-13-2008, 1:51 PM
Yeah....I had a similar problem. Then I went to the eye doctor and he gave me a prescription and I had it filled. I place these devices on...with multiple lines in them, I might add. Somebody had sneeked back into my shop while I was at the eye doctor. The somebody repainted the line wider and the numbers too! I catch that rascal pulling this stuff....it'll be rock salt.

Ben Rafael
09-13-2008, 1:52 PM
Yes, about 6 months ago.
The print on small medicine bottles has been effected similarly as well.
It's a conspiracy.

Belinda Barfield
09-13-2008, 1:59 PM
Ben beat me to it, it's a huge conspiracy. My monitor is infected. The letters on the screen just keep getting smaller and more blurry.

Steve Schlumpf
09-13-2008, 2:28 PM
You folks are silly! I learned a long time ago that if you hold something out at arms length - the lines get thicker! Course, I don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to.... my arms get tired!

Steve Clardy
09-13-2008, 2:32 PM
You folks are silly! I learned a long time ago that if you hold something out at arms length - the lines get thicker! Course, I don't spend as much time on the computer as I used to.... my arms get tired!

My arms weren't long enough anymore....

Jim Becker
09-13-2008, 2:34 PM
I fix that problem for about $19.95 a pop. Started with a product labeled "1.5 diopter" and have moved to an alternative, but very similar product labeled "2.0 diopter"... :D

Dennis Peacock
09-13-2008, 3:09 PM
My arms weren't long enough anymore....

I resemble that remark.....every single day. :D

Belinda Barfield
09-13-2008, 3:19 PM
I fix that problem for about $19.95 a pop. Started with a product labeled "1.5 diopter" and have moved to an alternative, but very similar product labeled "2.0 diopter"... :D

Jim I'm currently working on that system. I'm having a little difficulty though. Maybe someone out there has some advice. About once a week we are called to work onsite at a customer's facility. ID badge on lanyard, check. Security pass on lanyard, check. Reading glasses on cord, check. Safety glasses on face, check. Safety glasses must stay on at all times, only the one's the company requires us to wear don't really fit well over reading glasses. By the time we leave the facility I'm not sure what item on what cord goes on my nose. :rolleyes: Now I've started accidentally putting on my sunglasses when I need to read something! :eek:

Glenn Clabo
09-13-2008, 4:25 PM
Can't see...can't hear...and don't remember why.

glenn bradley
09-13-2008, 4:28 PM
Five words: High Quality Prescription Safety Glasses. They will put you in a state of bliss.

David G Baker
09-13-2008, 6:08 PM
I had a similar problem with street signs approximately 2 years ago, the prescription items weren't helping much so I went to the eye guy so he could cut some junk out of my eyes and stick in some implants. I can now drive with out glasses but still need them to read. Cataract removal was one of the greatest things I have done for myself in years.

Ron Journeau
09-13-2008, 10:00 PM
ah yes...the golden years...

Von Bickley
09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Get use to it..... Things will get a lot worse with age.

David DeCristoforo
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
"Things will get a lot worse with age...."

Von, this has nothing to do with age. It has to do with wisdom. It has been proven in numerous controlled laboratory tests that the wiser one gets, the worse one's vision becomes.

Bart Leetch
09-13-2008, 10:46 PM
I want to know how you could be mad as heck when he's so skinny that you couldn't even see him to know how mad he is???

Jack A Entrekin
09-14-2008, 10:32 AM
if u r like me its not my eyes, its my arms (there too short)

Fred Voorhees
09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Yep, I'm having similar problems with my ears. Age freakin' sucks.

Matt Ocel
09-14-2008, 12:19 PM
What did you say Fred?:D

Bob Rufener
09-14-2008, 10:26 PM
When I was growing up, we used typewriters and I believe the only choices were pica and elite print. With the onset of the computer age and the many fonts available at so many sizes, it gives printers the capability of using print sizes that are so small that they are beyond my capability. I have about 10 pair of reading glasses scattered around the house, garage, workshop and vehicles. I even picked up a magnifying glass when the print is nearly invisible. All in all, getting older sure beats the alternative.

David DeCristoforo
09-14-2008, 10:51 PM
What?

BTW, has anyone figured out just how mad heck was?

Per Swenson
09-16-2008, 8:32 PM
Thanks guys,
Find a niche and all that.
Off to the drawing board, this weeks project.....
braille tape measures.

Per

Mike Cutler
09-16-2008, 9:00 PM
Jim I'm currently working on that system. I'm having a little difficulty though. Maybe someone out there has some advice. About once a week we are called to work onsite at a customer's facility. ID badge on lanyard, check. Security pass on lanyard, check. Reading glasses on cord, check. Safety glasses on face, check. Safety glasses must stay on at all times, only the one's the company requires us to wear don't really fit well over reading glasses. By the time we leave the facility I'm not sure what item on what cord goes on my nose. :rolleyes: Now I've started accidentally putting on my sunglasses when I need to read something! :eek:

Belinda.

I use the AO Safety glasses with a -1.0 diopter. They're available through any industrial safety supply catalog.
High quality prescription safety glasses would be ideal, but I work in a pretty harsh enviorment at times. Better to trash the AO's.

I've been wearing an assortment of junk on lanyards around my neck for 25 years ( Nuclear Power Plant), and I still try to put my earplugs on to see and my safety glasses in my ears.:eek: If you ever get it straightened out, let me know your system.:o,

Hey Matt

There ain't nuthin' wrong with our eyes. They just make light bulbs really cheap these days to conserve energy. Them light bulbs they made in the 70's were some kinda bright. You could see molecules with them.;)

Belinda Barfield
09-17-2008, 8:14 AM
Belinda.

I use the AO Safety glasses with a -1.0 diopter. They're available through any industrial safety supply catalog.
High quality prescription safety glasses would be ideal, but I work in a pretty harsh enviorment at times. Better to trash the AO's.

I've been wearing an assortment of junk on lanyards around my neck for 25 years ( Nuclear Power Plant), and I still try to put my earplugs on to see and my safety glasses in my ears.:eek: If you ever get it straightened out, let me know your system.:o,

Thanks for the advice Mike. LOL . . . I can relate to the earplug thing. On some special projects I run the stone bridge saw in our shop. I always wear ear plugs and half the time I forget to take them out. I go in the office to take a phone call and can't figure out why I can't hear! :o