PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1220 vs lathe

John Terefenko
09-13-2008, 1:27 AM
Well the time is drawing near. I want to buy a Jet 1220 vs lathe and was waiting for some big sale. Looks like nothing is coming. The best I see it is basically $545 in all places. Woodcraft sweetens the pot with free shipping till end of Sept. which is about $30. Jet offeres a rebate of $25 till end of the year. My question is has anyone heard any better deals now or in the future???

Joe D'Attilio
09-13-2008, 8:19 AM
JOhn,
I just got the 1220 VS my self and love it..tak the plunge - sales? NOthing as of right now but you just missed the 10% sale at Woodcraft, I went to the onein DOwningtown, ordered it and p./u myself.

Total came to $505 and I haven't looked back it rocks! Easy to change the belts, (although I set it to one setting and haven't had to move it)
VS is a time saver - It's heavy enough not to shift during small projects, yet light enough to take where ever with the built in handles.

2 thumbs up to Jet

Steve Thomas
09-13-2008, 8:52 AM
Sales always start the day after you send big bucks... So don't wait.
They are a good size, and with the bolt on extensions are quite adaptable.

enjoy.

robert hainstock
09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I've been lurking for a month or two, watching for ac sale. Will most likely wait till the end of Sept and take the plunge. I may have missed something though. If is VS, What's with the belt changing? :)
Bob

John Terefenko
09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Robert there still is the step pulley involved even with the VS but what the vs will do is vary the speed in that step range. It is great for pen tiurning and other small projects where you need to slow speed down for finishing. I will probably wait another week.