PDA

View Full Version : New-to-me L-N Bronze #4

Jim Becker
09-12-2008, 9:35 PM
Thanks to the need ;) of a fellow 'Creeker to unload some very nice hand planes, I'm now the happy owner of a L-N bronze #4, barely used. :D It's going to be a great addition to my growing stable of hand tools--pretty much all I'm buying going forward as I have enough machinery... I'm looking forward to trying this one out over the weekend after a little honing, too. It should compliment the very nice rehabbed Stanley #4 I bought a couple years ago from Terry Hatfield.

Jim McFarland
09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
A nice way to speed up your slide down the hand tool slope!

gary Zimmel
09-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Sweet plane Jim...

I'm sure that one will have the ability to
multiply very quickly......

Let us know how those first shavings go.

Steve Clardy
09-13-2008, 12:56 PM
So Jim is sliding downhill :eek:

Or is that uphill with quality tools :confused::D:D:D

Bruce Page
09-13-2008, 1:08 PM
Very nice Jim. I don't have any bronze planes but I'd sure like too.

Jim Becker
09-13-2008, 2:49 PM
I'm sure that one will have the ability to
multiply very quickly......

I haven't determined its gender yet, but I'm keeping it segregated from my other planes just to be safe... :D

Between "multiplying" hand tools and horsie things, I guess I can kiss any disposable income goodbye for some time... :o

Keith Starosta
09-13-2008, 6:39 PM
I haven't determined its gender yet, but I'm keeping it segregated from my other planes just to be safe... :D

Between "multiplying" hand tools and horsie things, I guess I can kiss any disposable income goodbye for some time... :o

Jim, my friend, that happened the day you signed the papers to bring those two beauties home from Mother Russia. :D

Have fun with that No.4......she'll be missed.

- Keith

John Schreiber
09-13-2008, 7:24 PM
. . . Between "multiplying" hand tools and horsie things, I guess I can kiss any disposable income goodbye for some time... :o
Multiplying of one thing is naturally connected to dividing of other things. :(

Jim Becker
09-13-2008, 8:48 PM
Ok, I took a few swipes with the tool today when I got the opportunity and it feels very nice. It does need some honing, however, so that's on my list for when I have some free time. I have a number of other edges that are due for some tenderness, so this iron will not feel lonely that day...