PDA

View Full Version : Finished Kitchen

tom holton
09-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Being relatively new here at the Creek, I thought I would introduce myself from a professional level. I have the odd position that I am a kitchen designer/project manager by day, but an inspiring woodworker by night. No my clients dont get to see my home built stuff and no i never even talk about it. It just happens to be something that I really enjoy doing and maybe someday long after I am done designing, I might be good enough to sell a piece or two.

So that said, here is my most recent project that I am responsible for. Hope you all like it. The white kitchen is a before. The hood is actually built around the existing staircase that extended thru the kitchen wall. It took a fair amount of engineering and framing to get this to work...

The finished kitchen is Matte Heartwood Maple cabinetry, super vein-y soapstone countertops and main sink, oak and sipo mahagony island top, subzero and wolf appliances and a cherry red refrigerator.

Tom

Jacob Robinson
09-12-2008, 1:07 PM
incredible work! that was an un-naturally ugly kitchen before you began. looked like a hospital. and now, after you finished, it looks like a home.

Michael Sobik
09-12-2008, 4:19 PM
Great work! I'd love to have a kitchen like that. Unfortunately, my kitched looks suspiciously like yours :(

Steve Clardy
09-12-2008, 7:23 PM
Looks very nice Tom ;)

Craig Hemsath
09-12-2008, 9:34 PM
Ummm, wow! I think you must of had about 10 acres of woodland cleared for all that wood :) Beautiful job.

Alex Shanku
09-13-2008, 8:36 AM
Great work, Tom.

Compliments from both my wife and myself.

Lon LeBlanc
09-13-2008, 3:02 PM
Gorgeous, Tom! Stunning kitchen!

tom holton
09-14-2008, 2:53 PM
Thanks everyone. This is actually one of my favorite kitchens that I have designed in the past 5 years. The clients were very open to new ideas and the project made a huge difference in their day to day living.

Tom

Tom Godley
09-15-2008, 4:26 PM
Very nice - what is the stain color on the maple?

I like the contrasting color with the frig

Paul Gatti
09-15-2008, 4:51 PM
Beautiful kitchen. I love the built-in round table at the end of the island. It's a nice design touch. Sorry, it's not clear from your post, but did you build the cabinets?

tom holton
09-17-2008, 7:14 AM
Very nice - what is the stain color on the maple?

I like the contrasting color with the frig

Tom, the stain is called matte candlelight on heartwood maple. Nice brown tint with just a tad of red. Its a pretty rich finish as a gloss, but with a matte finish, it makes you wanna touch it...

Tom

tom holton
09-17-2008, 7:23 AM
Beautiful kitchen. I love the built-in round table at the end of the island. It's a nice design touch. Sorry, it's not clear from your post, but did you build the cabinets?

Paul,

No I didnt build the cabinetry. I only do woodworking for myself and my family now. Maybe someday Ill get good enough to sell pieces, but for now, I like learning and making things for my home.

The cabinetry is WoodMode. The round table is sipo mahagony and is held in place with the tall arched corbel-like table leg. I love designing things like that into my projects.

Tom

John Thompson
09-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm way behind viewing... beautiful work Tom.

Sarge..