PDA

View Full Version : a little project for nike.

Steve knight
09-12-2008, 1:21 AM
here is a project I did for nike. the color is a bit off it should be florescent orange but I could not get that quite right in the picture.
anyway it is out of walnut almost 3" thick 12"x12" vcarved both sides with the same logo. I used vcarve pro. I filled the letters in with thin epoxy so the bottom would be nice and flat. then I used a primer (it shows on the edges) then painted with with the provided paint and a couple coats of lacquer. ran it through the planer to clean the surface. though I had a couple of chunks pop off the edges of the letters. sanded it to 400 grit then I used a wipe on lacquer for the finish.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/vcarving/P1000807e.jpg

james mcgrew
09-12-2008, 7:16 AM
i see the "nike" wwhat is it used for?

nice work!!

jim

Steve knight
09-12-2008, 12:05 PM
for some presentation.

Justin Leiwig
09-12-2008, 1:18 PM
Nike 6.0? some sort of new brand identity for nike?

Rob Wright
09-12-2008, 4:44 PM
Steve - that looks great.

You do seem to market yourself pretty well to get these interesting projects!

Steve knight
09-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Steve - that looks great.

You do seem to market yourself pretty well to get these interesting projects!
no only word of mouth. I am a horrible marketer.
but a fellow who shares the basement of this old building got it for me. the top of the building is a nike skate park. he designed the part and built it. he does all these crazy things like the giant wooden paper airplane used to advertise red bull flugtag I made the parts for it. well his friend does work with one of nikes advertising companies and he needed me to do some work then they had this job so he sent them to me.
I wish I was good at marketing.