PDA

View Full Version : Hartville tool

Dave Lehnert
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Going to be up north soon and plan a visit to Hartville Tool. Any tips on what to see or do in the area?

Rich Engelhardt
09-12-2008, 3:24 AM
Hello Dave,
Pretty much - The middle of nowhere - describes it.

There's this:
" The thirty-sixth annual Yankee Peddler Festival will be held at Clay's Park in Canal Fulton, OH. The festival will take place September 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, and 21, 2008 from 10:30am until 6:00pm. "
Not too far away.

And the Hartville Kitchen.

And there's always the fabulous Fall Perch and Smallmouth Bass fishing on the big puddle to the North. The drawback there is that you have to book a trip pretty far in advance & your at the mercy of the weather.

Canton has the Football Hall of Fame - and it's not that far of a drive from Hartville.

John Grossi
09-12-2008, 6:36 AM
Dave, Hartville Kitchen is a must. Just west on 619 a mile or so. The Amish cook up a great meal, however the real treat is the inside . The quality of the trimwork is second to none. Also, you will probably encounter a huge line but not to worry. They must seat at least a couple hundred people. The line moves pretty fast. If you are a golfer, Seven Hills is just east on 619. A couple miles and a right turn puts you on one of the finest public courses between Cleveland and Canton. Just google the course for better directions and phone number. Hartville Tool is a terrific store. They have just about everything, along with very knowledgable salesmen. Enjoy, John

Matt Meiser
09-12-2008, 3:00 PM
Theres a huge flea market too with some occasional tools.

Jay Yoder
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Not to "steal" ur visit to HH as i call it, there is also a beautiful woodworking/lumber yard called Keim Lumber in Charm, OH! I am headed there tomorrow with fam. it is a bit away, but the woodwork is great. Only problem is it closes at noon on saturday. Either way, Have fun and enjoy the rain we will be having! At least i can play in shop instead of mowing!