PDA

View Full Version : Good Corrosion Preventative Compound

Jeffrey M Jones
09-11-2008, 2:16 PM
We worked with this stuff called SoSure on aircraft at work and I decided to try it on my tools. It works very well. My dad cleaned off the bandsaw table with a degreaser when we pulled it out of the box to get all the shipping oil off and he didnt put anything back down on it. Needless to say the first cut we made on it, every piece of sawdust caused a little dot of corrosion, we even set a board on it and then got busy with something else for like a half hour and came back and it was corroded under the board bad. We tried everything to get the stains off but nothing worked, schotch brite, 10k grit, nothing. So from that day we have been spraying down every tool table we use with this stuff. It is So Sure, the white can made by LHB industries and we spray it on and let it sit until the next time we use the machine, then we buff it off with a rag. I looked up the MSDS on this stuff and its mineral spirits, flouranates for propellant, and barium. A few hours after you apply it, it gets really gummy like tar but it is really easy to rub off when you want to use the tool. So after a week of using it, it removed all the stains on the bandsaw and every other tool too! It doesnt have any silicates either so it wont mess up your finishing projects. I recommend it. Hope you guys can try it out!
Jeff

Eric Larsen
09-11-2008, 3:56 PM
Barium? :eek:

And after application we can X-ray our machines to check their digestive systems?

I looked up the MSDS on this stuff and its mineral spirits, flouranates for propellant, and barium.

Jim Becker
09-11-2008, 4:09 PM
Hopefully, it doesn't have any silicone in it... ;)

You have to be careful with products intended for automotive, boating and other vehicle applications. Many do contain silicone...which can be bad news for finishing.