Do you get these?
Bosun Cole

to brian
show details Sep 10 (1 day ago)
http://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifReply

http://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif
Hi,
This is Cole from Australia,

I was doubting if you store/shop carry 600 PCS OF .025” 12” x 24” bright gold anodized aluminum double sided gold color.Do you ship oversea because i will like to purchase from you, and i will be paying you by my mastercard or Visa card below is my address

335 Queen Street.
Melbourne City,
State Victoria,
Zip Code 3001.
AUSTRALIA.

The store name is... Coleretails Australia.

For the shipping there is cargo company that ship at a less expensive price,named WADOYECARGOLTD@HOTMAIL.COM which i am been using for many months now and there service is good enough for me, they ship with-in the period of 2-3days to Australia they usually come to the store to pick-up to me.

Should i proceed?

Cole,

Joe Pelonio
09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I have never seen that one before, but most Australians speak better English than that, and other things like the shipping reference are a giveaway that it's a scam.

Brian Robison
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I got one like it a while back too. For the same product if I remember right.

http://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifhttp://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifBode Seaman

to information
show details Apr 24

Dear sales,

I will like a price quote and availability of the item below:

1000 PCS OF .025” 12” x 24” bright gold anodized aluminum.

I will forward my credit card details for payment as soon as I receive the price quote.
And including the shipping cost to UK address above by Fedex or Dhl Door to door delivery(including shipping and handling).

Awaiting your swift response.

Regards,
Coker.

504 Live Oak Ave.
Baytown,Tx,
77520,Usa.

Kim Vellore
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
You should reply saying your brother-inlaw lives in the same street and he should be able to meet him and take the payment since you both are in business together, and say you have a shipment to your BIL with your shipping company and can add this order to it cheaper and faster than his hotmail shipper.... and wait for his reply... you should play with these folks make them desperate so they waste their time and have less time in their despicable life to cheat others.

Kim

Derek Kern
09-11-2008, 3:47 PM
I just had a sales inquiry from Australia wanting to buy a laser system.

Same exact story wanted to make a down payment with his visa card. Wanted to use a 50 watt laser to cut keys... He didnt ask any questions about the laser systems or details like a normal customer would.....so i knew something was up.

I told him that we only accept cash havent heard back from him..

His address is nearly identical to the one used in the above instance.

Brian Robison
09-11-2008, 3:58 PM
Hey Derek,
Can I buy one of those with an IOU?:cool:

Frank Corker
09-11-2008, 5:36 PM
Any business that has a hotmail account cannot be taken seriously!

Steven Smith
09-11-2008, 6:05 PM
Howdy Ya'll!
Do you get these?
Bosun Cole

to brian
show details Sep 10 (1 day ago)

Hi,
This is Cole from Australia,

I was doubting if you store/shop carry 600 PCS OF .025” 12” x 24” bright gold anodized aluminum double sided gold color.Do you ship oversea because i will like to purchase from you, and i will be paying you by my mastercard or Visa card below is my address

335 Queen Street.
Melbourne City,
State Victoria,
Zip Code 3001.
AUSTRALIA.

The store name is... Coleretails Australia.

For the shipping there is cargo company that ship at a less expensive price,named WADOYECARGOLTD@HOTMAIL.COM which i am been using for many months now and there service is good enough for me, they ship with-in the period of 2-3days to Australia they usually come to the store to pick-up to me.

Should i proceed?

Cole,

That's not the way they use addresses and the postal code is wrong. They use the term 'postcode'.

335 Queen St
Melbourne VIC 3000
Australia

Bill Cunningham
09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I received one today that was looking for 500 pieces of one size (20 different designs) 1,000 pieces of another 50 different designs.. etc etc.. etc.. And what kind of payment do we accept.. (this part is ALWAYS the giveaway) I just said CASH, if you should up at my door with $100,000.00 in cash, we will discuss your needs... :D The frighting thing is, there are actually people out there that have, and would fall for this!

Thad Nickoley
09-12-2008, 12:30 AM
I hate to be sterotypical but a person from Australia that sounds like that should throw a red flag.

Craig Hogarth
09-12-2008, 1:22 AM
I always proceed even if I'm sure it's a scam. So far, they all have been, but you never know. One of these times, they might actually be a real customer.

In my experience, this scam makes money by having the customer pay you with a fraudulent card and you in turn use your good card to pay for shipping. I've been explaining to them that my business card was stolen and I'm awaiting a new one. While I will not be getting one for another 3 weeks, I can gladly pay with a cashiers check or they can use the customer's credit card for payment. Although i rarely get a reply, if I do, it usually goes something like it's against company policy for them to charge "my" customer.

David Fairfield
09-12-2008, 7:49 AM
ah, another opportunity to plug my #1 favorite website! :D

www.419eater.com (http://www.419eater.com)

Mark Winlund
09-12-2008, 11:29 AM
A wire transfer to your bank will always work and is irreversible.

Mark

Jack Harper
09-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Mark

Mark - That is what I always thought. However, I think it was someone here on the creek that warned of wire transfers that were funded by check that could still be reversed. It is my understanding that you need to make sure the transfer was funded by cash.

Dan Hintz
09-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Mark
HORRIBLE IDEA!!!

To do such a transfer requires them to have your routing #... once they have that, they can transfer stuff OUT of your account, leaving you with a zero balance. I might consider such a thing if the account was used strictly for such a purpose, the money was removed immediately into another account, and it was weeks/months between transactions preventing money from one transaction from being snagged by another.

Mark Winlund
09-12-2008, 4:12 PM
"To do such a transfer requires them to have your routing #... once they have that, they can transfer stuff OUT of your account, leaving you with a zero balance."

Uh... no, I don't believe that is so. I think if my bank allowed a wire transfer out of my account without me being involved, they would have serious liability issues. I have used wire transfers many times, and there are many safeguards in place. They are commonly used for large transactions because of this.

"Mark - That is what I always thought. However, I think it was someone here on the creek that warned of wire transfers that were funded by check that could still be reversed. It is my understanding that you need to make sure the transfer was funded by cash."

That is a fault of the check, not the wire transfer. The wire transfer itself is actual cash, not a "promise to pay" like a check. Once it becomes an actual wire transfer, it is real money. This is why many foreign companies require wire transfers... guaranteed payment.

Mark

Dan Hintz
09-12-2008, 7:29 PM
"To do such a transfer requires them to have your routing #... once they have that, they can transfer stuff OUT of your account, leaving you with a zero balance."

Uh... no, I don't believe that is so. I think if my bank allowed a wire transfer out of my account without me being involved, they would have serious liability issues. I have used wire transfers many times, and there are many safeguards in place. They are commonly used for large transactions because of this.
They have your name and they have your routing #... that's all that's required to get a hold of everything that account contains. Why do you think the scams that ask for that info are so common? They claim to want the info to put a large sum of money into the account, but once you've passed it on you'll wake up in a day or two with a zero balance. It is considered private information, and it should stay that way.

Roy Nicholson
09-13-2008, 1:06 AM
Queen Street, Melbourne is in the Central Business District

the postcode is 3000

the postcode 3001 is for post boxes at the central post office.

We have a major retailer called Coles... but I doubt if they'd employ someone with such p[oor English to source products from international suppliers.

Regards

Roy N.

Matt Gibb
09-13-2008, 8:58 AM
G'day Brian,
The postcode is wrong, it should be 3000. As so graciously put in some of the other replies, we Australians do usually speak better english than that, you know, words like bonza, beaudy, ocker, strewth, crikey, aveagoodweekend and didyabringyagrogalong.

Scott Shepherd
09-13-2008, 12:06 PM
They have your name and they have your routing #... that's all that's required to get a hold of everything that account contains. Why do you think the scams that ask for that info are so common? They claim to want the info to put a large sum of money into the account, but once you've passed it on you'll wake up in a day or two with a zero balance. It is considered private information, and it should stay that way.

That's not the way it was explained to me by my bank. It's my understanding that a wire transfer is an excellent method of payment for the reasons Mark described. The downside risk is for the buyer, not the seller, as a seller can easily setup a fraudulent account to take wire transfer, get your money and skip town and you'll have no way to find them.

You can search the internet and find numerous articles by major banks explaining how safe it is.

Mark Winlund
09-13-2008, 2:27 PM
That's not the way it was explained to me by my bank. It's my understanding that a wire transfer is an excellent method of payment for the reasons Mark described. The downside risk is for the buyer, not the seller, as a seller can easily setup a fraudulent account to take wire transfer, get your money and skip town and you'll have no way to find them.

You can search the internet and find numerous articles by major banks explaining how safe it is.

This is my understanding of this as well. I called my bank yesterday, and they confirmed what I said. The risk is upon the sender of money, not the receiver. Once it becomes a wire transfer, there is no getting it back. This is why foreign companies and large corporations insist upon wire transfers.

Mark