PDA

View Full Version : another anniversary

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-11-2008, 9:04 AM
another anniversary

Anniversary is such an odd word for the magnitude of pain.
Friends, family, thousands of people none of whom did any thing to harm those who plotted their murders.

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 9:09 AM
The History Channel will be airing a commercial free special at 9 tonight, "102 Minutes that Changed America". I agree with you Cliff, Anniversary just doesn't seem to be the right word. I hope that those who have children who are too young to remember, but are old enough to understand, will sit down with their children and watch the show. We must keep the memory alive in order to honor all that was lost.

http://emailnewsletters.aetv.com/h/images/!History/news/hosted_2008_0910.htm?HPF_rid=4110474&HPF_mid=1530_T1_Url0

Greg Cole
09-11-2008, 9:52 AM
A "rememberance" or celebration life of the heroic acts of that day would be more fitting IMO.
Much like funeral proceedings, I prefer the ones that are oriented to a celebration of life as opposed to reinforing the rather obvious end or loss of a life.
As my great grand mother loved to sing the song..."prop me up beside the juke box when I die"...

Greg

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Let us always remember, lest we forget the severe price that was paid for our freedom. I hold all those of 9-11 in high honors.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I remember where I was the day President Kennedy was shot and killed......I remember where I was and what I was doing on 9/11.....recovering from a broken back I was still sleeping on the floor in the living room. I was laying the on the floor watching IMUS in the Morning on MSNBC when they put up the video of the 1st tower burning....I yelled at my wife.....just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower.....

There were a lot of heroes that day.....policemen....firemen........civilians..... helping others...military folks at the Pentagon...putting themselves in harms way for others.....

It was amazing to see such a dastardly deed bring out the heroes in our society....and cause this country to pull together in a manner as I've never seen before or since in my lifetime. The lines here at the blood centers were long. We waited nearly 2 hours to give blood.

I forget a lot these days.....not these 2 events.....

Phyllis Meyer
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
True Heroes! I was just listening to a radio program with parents of their son that was on Flight 93. It still remains in my mind the shock, and the unbelievable idea that we really could be attacked!

We continue to pray for the lives that were lost and the families they left behind!

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Greg Heppeard
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Message From: Semper Fi 1st Sgt name omitted "Baker 8":

How are you all doing? The proud warriors of Baker Company wanted to do something to pay tribute to our fallen comrades. So since we are part of the only Infantry Battalion left in Iraq the one way that we could think of doing that is by taking a picture of Baker Company saying the way we feel.

It would be awesome if you could find a way to share this with our fellow countrymen. I was wondering if there was any way to get this into your papers to let the world know that

"WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN"

and are proud to serve our country.

Chuck Wintle
09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Yet Michael Chertoff was saying yesterday the aviation industry is still not safe from the threat of terrorism. After 7 years shouldn't the security be ironclad against this threat?

Glenn Clabo
09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Here at work we all had a moment of silence for all those who died or are suffering since that day.

As one who has worked with and around those who defend everyday...and who has a son in Iraq right now...everyday is difficult.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2008, 12:54 PM
and who has a son in Iraq right now...everyday is difficult.

Been there....done that.....it ain't easy!

My thoughts and prayers....

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 1:44 PM
Thank you for sharing this wonderful tribute Greg.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-11-2008, 2:20 PM
Yet Michael Chertoff was saying yesterday the aviation industry is still not safe from the threat of terrorism. After 7 years shouldn't the security be ironclad against this threat?

Not in a free nation it shouldn't.
Maybe in Iran but not here.

Justin Leiwig
09-11-2008, 2:40 PM
Not in a free nation it shouldn't.
Maybe in Iran but not here.

Amen!

The one thing that we fight for is the one thing that will never make us truely safe: freedom.

The one thing that makes us hated in the world is the one thing they will never be able to kill is the american spirit.

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2008, 5:12 PM
I ask it of all those that post in this thread....Please allow this to be a thread of "remembering and honoring" for all that felt pain on 9-11. Let's not get into politics or fighting....let's just keep it respectful of all those that served, are serving, and everyone touched by a lost life on that day.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Andy Hoyt
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I spent the day turning staffs for this (http://www.eowca.com/cane.html).

Didn't plan it that way, just kinda happened.

And when I noticed today's date ...

Belinda Barfield
09-12-2008, 8:43 AM
Great project Andy! Thanks for sharing the link.