PDA

View Full Version : You are a workaholic if

Bob Moyer
09-11-2008, 8:47 AM
http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/computerbathroom.jpg

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 9:12 AM
Either that, or an e-mail junkie! Now that is just plain sad. Maybe she's reading a book online?

Jim Becker
09-11-2008, 9:21 AM
Too bad there isn't a slide/fold out tray table like on an airplane... :D

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 9:40 AM
Now you're on to something Jim. Just think, when an employee takes that 20 minute bathroom break he/she can continue to work with no lost time for the company. Heck, let's save even more time, instead of cubicles just make everyone work from stalls. Saves all that time walking to and from the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2008, 10:30 AM

I hope no administrator from my company sees this comment. They will come out with a "Lean" project offering to pay everyone to install one in the home bathrooms. I ain't gonna do it. I don't answer my cell phone in that little room either. It ain't no telephone booth!:rolleyes:

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I hope no administrator from my company sees this comment. They will come out with a "Lean" project offering to pay everyone to install one in the home bathrooms. I ain't gonna do it. I don't answer my cell phone in that little room either. It ain't no telephone booth!:rolleyes:

LOL . . .
Ken you reminded me of something I haven't thought of in years. I worked as a medical transcriptionist at one point for a group of 12 physicians. One of the docs was notorious for dictating his office notes while he was having his "morning constitutional". Some days it wasn't so bad, but other days . . . well, let's just say the sound effects were pretty disgusting. For some reason I guess he thought his recorder only picked up the sound of his voice. Well, one day it was particularly bad, so I transcribed his office notes complete with sound effects (spelled to the best of my ability). :eek: He never dictated from the bathroom again. :D

David DeCristoforo
09-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Come on you guys... Give the lady a break. She's probably downloading the operating manual. They are missing from most public facilities because people steal them and take them home to replace the ones they lost. Just like they used to steal the phone books from public pay phones (remember those?).

Bob Moyer
09-11-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.trinity.edu/rjensen/NHcottage/BathroomComputer.jpg

Bob Moyer
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
LOL . . .
Ken you reminded me of something I haven't thought of in years. I worked as a medical transcriptionist at one point for a group of 12 physicians. One of the docs was notorious for dictating his office notes while he was having his "morning constitutional". Some days it wasn't so bad, but other days . . . well, let's just say the sound effects were pretty disgusting. For some reason I guess he thought his recorder only picked up the sound of his voice. Well, one day it was particularly bad, so I transcribed his office notes complete with sound effects (spelled to the best of my ability). :eek: He never dictated from the bathroom again. :D

Now that's funny - :D

Jim Becker
09-11-2008, 3:15 PM
Good one, Belinda.

Back to the original, today, you really don't need the computer if you're carrying a smart phone. You can call, email, SMS and surf to your hearts content while you're, umm...out of your office.

Glenn Clabo
09-11-2008, 3:21 PM
I never could understand it when people say that some of their best thinking happens in there...does it really take THAT much thought? ;)

Jim Mattheiss
09-11-2008, 9:23 PM
I always flush the toilet several times when I hear someone talking on a cell phone in the bathroom at work.

Sometimes the conversation stops and you can tell that the other person asked "Are you in the bathroom?" Sometimes the conversation doesn't even pause.

Belinda - I love your tag line about the angel and the strip club. Unfortunately I work somewhere that would not find it amusing . . .

Cheers

Jim

Belinda Barfield
09-12-2008, 8:50 AM
Belinda - I love your tag line about the angel and the strip club. Unfortunately I work somewhere that would not find it amusing . . .

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim! Funny, folks either love my tag lines, or are highly offended. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between the two. You wouldn't believe the number of women offended by the "mad cow" line, which I personally think is hysterical. I once worked in a business with 59 other women and I mean really, there is nothing like working with a herd of mad cows!:rolleyes: This may come across as a sexist but it is simply the truth.

curtis rosche
09-12-2008, 5:10 PM
maybe shes searching google to find out what else can be used a toliet paper?

Belinda Barfield
09-12-2008, 5:22 PM
maybe shes searching google to find out what else can be used a toliet paper?

Yeah, not like the good old days when you could just use a page from Sears and Roebuck catalog. :p

Pat Germain
09-12-2008, 5:42 PM
My take is she isn't working, but trying to win an E-Bay auction for a Coach handbag. ;)

Ben Rafael
09-12-2008, 6:22 PM

Some of the restrooms in the math and engineering bldgs where I went to school had fold down trays in the stalls. I have no idea what anyone would use them for, those were pre-laptop days.

Jim Becker
09-12-2008, 9:13 PM
Some of the restrooms in the math and engineering bldgs where I went to school had fold down trays in the stalls. I have no idea what anyone would use them for, those were pre-laptop days.

Well, you had to put your slide rule somewhere... :D ...or your tuna on white... :o

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2008, 9:35 PM
I never could understand it when people say that some of their best thinking happens in there...does it really take THAT much thought? ;)

No it doesn't take any thought. That's why the time thinking there was so productive. Nobody to interrupt you....no telephone...and in my case...I don't answer the cellphone either!:D

Eric Larsen
09-12-2008, 9:37 PM
No, I actually know the answer to this one.

She's e-mailing her husband, asking when the stairs are going to be done. :rolleyes:

I kid. LOML is going to devote her weekend to helping me with the stairs. I've gotten to the point where I can't do another thing without a helper.

Ben Rafael
09-12-2008, 9:51 PM
Well, you had to put your slide rule somewhere... :D ...or your tuna on white... :o

This was after slide rules, HP calculators were the big thing.