PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pics

Maylon Harvey
09-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I know how to post pics like this: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=91994

How do you post them like this?:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=91980

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Maylon...after you have uploaded them and closed that window....right above the text you typed in.....the paper clip icon...select it and then select insert...it will insert them. Then "submit".

Maylon Harvey
09-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Boy, that was quick. Thanks Ken

Steve Schlumpf
09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Maylon - I am assuming you are talking about the physical location of the photos with regards to the text. As in the Truck assisted photo sequence - step 1 add text, hit return a couple of times to add spaces, paste whatever photo you want in one of those spaces, hit return to add a couple of spaces - got to step 2 - add text, etc.

Hope that answers the question for you.

Maylon Harvey
09-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Maylon - I am assuming you are talking about the physical location of the photos with regards to the text. As in the Truck assisted photo sequence - step 1 add text, hit return a couple of times to add spaces, paste whatever photo you want in one of those spaces, hit return to add a couple of spaces - got to step 2 - add text, etc.

Hope that answers the question for you.

Yes Steve that's what I'm talking about. But I don't seem to be able to paste. That's how I thought I could do it, but after I go to where the pics are and copy one and come back to the post template, my paste feature is greyed out and not availabe to use?????? Anyway, I tryed a sample the way Ken suggested above and that works so I can do it that way which is fine. Getting ready to post the new 3520 install pics and wanted to be able to insert the pics with captions with each one. Hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Maylon,

What I do is "insert all" photos......submit reply....then "edit"...select "Advanced Edit" and go back and enter text between the photos. Steve's method might be quicker.

Steve Schlumpf
09-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Maylon, when you download your photos (max of 5 per page) they will all be listed in the attachments - thats the paper clip. Move your cursor to the position you want the photo (left click the mouse so that it thinks you are going to add text at that location and you should have a blinking vertical line) then go to the attachments section (the paperclip) and click on the photo that you want to go to that location. It will move itself to that location - no cut and paste.

Does that make sense?

Maylon Harvey
09-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Maylon,

What I do is "insert all" photos......submit reply....then "edit"...select "Advanced Edit" and go back and enter text between the photos. Steve's method might be quicker.

Ken,
I tryed a sample the way you suggested at first ( since deleted) that worked. But I inserted the text in between the photos before the initial submit so didn't need to do a edit to get it in as you are now suggesting.
So thanks for the help, looks like I have a handle on it.

Maylon Harvey
09-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Maylon, when you download your photos (max of 5 per page) they will all be listed in the attachments - thats the paper clip. Move your cursor to the position you want the photo (left click the mouse so that it thinks you are going to add text at that location and you should have a blinking vertical line) then go to the attachments section (the paperclip) and click on the photo that you want to go to that location. It will move itself to that location - no cut and paste.

Does that make sense?

Yep, that makes sense. I'll try it that way also - but tomorrow. Thanks Steve

Maylon Harvey
09-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Steve,
I just tryed your method without actually submitting the post (couldn't wait till tomorrow) and it worked just fine. Thanks again.

Jim Becker
09-11-2008, 8:53 AM
For reference, there is a complete tutorial on inline picture posting stickied at the top of the "Forum Technical Support Forum" here at SMC.

Jim
SMC Moderator