PDA

View Full Version : VLS 3.6 Problems Again

David Dustin
09-10-2008, 9:33 PM
Well the same problem happened again.
Our new machine is down again with exactly the same symptoms. I was doing exactly the same thing I was the last time it failed, moving the Z axis with the front panel buttons.

The owner of the rep company had given me his number and we have conversed (that is one very good thing so far) and he thinks he knows what the problem is. He has said he will bring me a new system if it comes down to it. Let's hope it does not.

To be honest, I am quite disheartened about the ordeal.
We'll see how they deal with this one and as before I will keep you informed.
David (the laser killer)

David Dustin
09-11-2008, 9:21 AM
Our distributor is delivering a different, new machine today.
They will need to swap out the air assist on mine to add to the new one.

This really is excellent service and they did it on their own, meaning there was no ranting required on my part.

Can I post the name of the Distributor here?

Thanks,
David

Mike Null
09-11-2008, 3:28 PM
David

People who meet their customer obligations and those who don't should receive their due here.

David Dustin
09-11-2008, 3:40 PM
The name of the distributor is Engraving Systems Support out of Dade City, FL

The owner is a really good guy named Buddy (don't want to post his last name in case he doesn't want me to).

He is genuinely interested in doing the right thing and by all indications is a man of principle.

One of his guys is driving 8 hours to get my replacement machine to me by tonight.

Like I said before, that speaks volumes.

Hopefully the new machine will not have the same problems.

David

James A. Wolfe
09-11-2008, 4:14 PM
As a hobbyist, not a retail user, I bought a used Versalaser from a Creeker and was having some initial set-up issues. I contacted the local (Northern KY) rep to determine if I could purchase some missing documentation and if that didn't help, what would be the cost for him to help me get the system up. I didn't expect anything for free since this is a used machine and I had no problem paying for his tech time.
What I got was a lecture on buying a "used piece of crap" and that I was on my own with the setup.
Luckily, I found the distributor in Florida and Buddy. Not only did he supply the missing drivers, he walked me throught their setup and offered many tips not in the docs. I talked to him on several occasions and offered to pay for his time. He said he just wanted me to be satisfied with the product I bought regardless of who got the commission.
To close this lengthy homage, my daughter has played with the laser for a number of projects and is thinking of starting an engraving business upon her military separation. Can you guess who will be my first call for equipment purchase?
Thanx,
Jim (putting away soapbox)

Mike Mackenzie
09-11-2008, 5:42 PM
David,

You have one of the best Reps / Distributors out there I have worked with and known Buddy for more than 25 years. All I will say is you are in good hands.