PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have Any Pics

Mike Compton
09-10-2008, 5:42 PM
OK, I am interested in how detailed of work (picture, logo, custom art) you can put on sterling silver. The challenge, I want to see detailed work, not just letters or names and no bigger than a penny or nickle. Is this kind of work a pain in the @$$ ? Is it difficult to do many pieces, each custom and different onto something as small as a nickle? I would love to see some pictures of anything similar.

Thanks in advance for taking time to educate me...

MC:D

James Stokes
09-10-2008, 7:28 PM
it is not something you will see from the laser engravers.

Eric Allen
09-11-2008, 5:16 AM
Do Missouri mules look at you and say "damn, what an ornery cuss"? If so, then you can probably pull off most of what you are asking, except pictures. Cermark, airbrush, compressor are required. Stainless is the best for this kind of work, and you don't have to charge $50+ per item either:) If it has to be silver, it's going to be a learning curve. The detail will depend a lot on the project and you'll find the rules of the game will change a bit depending on the artwork itself. If I were trying to do what it sounds like you are, I'd probably make casting blanks and get chummy with a small casting outfit. You can make them much faster and with just the laser and wood or Delrin.