PDA

View Full Version : Need opinon on this belt sander please

David Song
09-09-2008, 8:15 PM
Hi Guys!

Can anyone with experience, seen one at Woodcraft, or opinion share their thoughts on the sander below.

Also anything else you guys would rather recommend?

Thanks!

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5385

Bill Huber
09-09-2008, 9:15 PM
I have a small Delta disk/belt sander that just sets on the bench taking up space, I have not used it one time now that I my Ridgid.

A little over a year ago I bought the Ridgid oscillating edge/belt spindle sander and it has proved to be one of the best tools in the shop. I use it all the time on just about every project I do.

Just a thought.....

Charles Krieger
09-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I picked up a Ridgid oscillating drum/belt sander at a trade show a year ago and I have used it a lot and I still like it. This is not a high end product but it is very useful.

I have no other belt/spindle sander experience to judge from but the unit you are looking at appears to be far more substantial than the Ridgid. Whether or not it would be more useful I don't know. I know I do like the oscillating spindle on the Ridgid.

Gregg Feldstone
09-10-2008, 4:01 AM
I have that sander and like it so far.....Got it several months ago when it was on sale+ a coupon I had. It's my first stationary sander and works well. The fence on the belt is not completly square to the belt. The dust collection is ok but not 100%. Don't know if similarly priced sanders would be better or worse......I would stay away from Delta..the fit and finish of this Rikon seems better.
Goood luck.

Steve Nouis
09-10-2008, 5:30 AM
As mentioned above I'd get a good edge sander, something like a Griz G1531. Steve