PDA

View Full Version : New CorelDRAW X3 Problem - Help PLEASE

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Starting yesterday anytime I try to copy paste text into Corel it freezes up. Can anyone help?

Mike Null
09-09-2008, 1:53 PM
Zelma

I don't have a clue as to what caused the problem
but since you know when it started why not restore the computer to the day before. That should solve the problem.

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-09-2008, 2:35 PM
I hate system restore, my antivirus software always gives me the blues when I have to do that . . . but when all else fails, I guess that is what I'll have to do. I will wait until tomorrow to see if Corel responds to my delima . . . so to speak. Corel 12 works fine but not X3.

Stephen Beckham
09-09-2008, 6:15 PM
Zelma,

That is one of the symptoms I've suffered in the past. Also trying to change font would cause the same issue.

The only way I was able to get around it was to create a new screen name (I'm on the third one....) becaue uninstall and re-install doesn't fix it. I didn't have any luck with system restore either.

If you're using XP, create a new screen name and try it - if the fault disappears, it's the easiest fix. It should let you access all the files and stuff from the previous screen name and won't cause any other issues.

BTW - I turned of Microsoft Updates and I haven't had this problem since. And if memory serves, we just got pushed another update!!!!

Steve

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-09-2008, 9:42 PM
I decided to go ahead and do what Mike suggested, I did the system restore and it worked . . . so all is well . . . for now.

I want to thank you guys for your replies, I really really appreicate it.