PDA

View Full Version : Elu router 3338 parts

Mark Saberniak
09-08-2008, 1:16 PM
I have a Elu 3338 router which I have always believed was a 3 HP router. I need a switch for this router and can only find parts for a Elu 3338 2 1/4 HP router, and the switch looks different. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks

John Sanford
09-08-2008, 1:56 PM
I believe Elu is part of Black & Decker, through DeWalt. Check with your local DeWalt service center (if you have one), they may be able to help you.

Thomas murphy
09-08-2008, 3:21 PM
I love elu products. The first routers ever was made by elu and the motors is indestructable.The company was taken over in 1994 by black and decker most of their designs was reproduced by De walt. Elu never changed their model numbers when upgrading the next model will be simply a type 2 or type 3. I am not familiar with the 3338 as all Elu routers model numbers I have seen and own starts with mof and of. I think the model 3338 was made only for america and a quick google search shows that black and decker had a model with the same number. If you can post a pic of the router I might be able to point you in the right direction but black and decker or dewalt agents should help you just fine. Did I mention I love elu tools lol and this post totally knocked me other as I have never heard of a 3338 router.

pat warner
09-08-2008, 4:02 PM
3337 nearly = 3338 does = DW 625

Mark Koons
04-24-2014, 2:09 AM
Yeah, but today, in April of 2014, B&D says Elu is an orphan and that the dust collection hood for the DW 625 is not appropriate… or did they just tell me that the parts were no longer available? That is what eReplacements told me for sure. I chased dust shrouds in England on eBay but the correct fit never materialized.

Today I bought a second 3338 at auction, cord still done up in the original twist tape, a well publicized internet sale. I paid $35 for this entirely superior machine. About 25 years ago, I paid about $380, if memory serves, for my first one of these. Though I use it only from time to time, I love it for big, demanding, precise work.

Phil Thien
04-24-2014, 9:41 AM
Yeah, but today, in April of 2014, B&D says Elu is an orphan and that the dust collection hood for the DW 625 is not appropriate… or did they just tell me that the parts were no longer available? That is what eReplacements told me for sure. I chased dust shrouds in England on eBay but the correct fit never materialized.

Today I bought a second 3338 at auction, cord still done up in the original twist tape, a well publicized internet sale. I paid $35 for this entirely superior machine. About 25 years ago, I paid about $380, if memory serves, for my first one of these. Though I use it only from time to time, I love it for big, demanding, precise work.

This is a thinly-veiled gloat.

$35 is an amazing deal.