PDA

View Full Version : Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
09-08-2008, 9:12 AM
8 Sep 2008

Good Morning,

Got a late start today due to me sleeping in just a bit today. Been a long weekend for us.

Worked some long hours at the day job, but then again, what's new there eh? Played bass at church Sunday morning and Sunday night at a special event the church held. Today it's getting out there and cutting firewood. I'm hoping that I'll have all the firewood I will need by early next week. I'm not cutting down live trees. I'm getting wood from around the community that is already down and where a tree has died during this summer.

Well, that's it for me, so what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
09-08-2008, 9:25 AM
Horsie things on Saturday and then some picture hanging and other tasks around the house. Sunday, I actually got in the shop, spent a couple hours cleaning up and then begun milling some recycled pine lumber (from the old bookshelves that used to be on the loft in our great room) to be used for some night stands for the girls. I managed to clog up the cyclone four times...this stuff produced light, fluffy and sticky shavings that filled the 55 gallon bin up in mere minutes. I started to cut components near the end of the day, but ran into a small electrical problem with my saw that I need to deal with as time allows.

But it did feel good to be back in the shop again...it's been months...oy!

Mike Goetzke
09-08-2008, 9:58 AM
Finally bought some wood for a bedroom set (chest, dresser, computer desk, and platform bed) for one of my daughters. Spent about 8-hours breaking up the four sheets of ply. I milled some 1x4's that fit in the extrusions on my Eurekazone power bench to support the sheets - worked like a charm. It was also my first use of my rail saw system with my new vacuum. Besides the great suction I really enjoyed the auto start/stop feature:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/EZ%20Smart/PBB%20STK/IMG_2352.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/EZ%20Smart/PBB%20STK/IMG_2360.jpg

Mike

Matt Meiser
09-08-2008, 7:49 PM
No woodworking again for me other than a little rust hunting at a flea market but I came home empty handed. We left right after school/work on Friday to go camping again. Fourth trip with our new camper including the trip to go buy it. Fourth time its rained. But we've got so much more space we tend not to mind as much. I figure it shouldn't rain an more in October--snow instead. :D

Jim O'Dell
09-08-2008, 8:06 PM
Wow! Everyone must be busy today. No woodworking for me either, unless you count spray painting some components I cut out last week to house the router and cable modem in to clean up the look on LOML's computer. Still need to actually put it together, but need a 3 1/2" hole saw to cut some holes for the computer fans to exhaust through.
Did spend Sat. afternoon taking all the furniture (2 small chests of drawers, to wide filing cabinets, filled to the brim!!, a toy/blanket storage box my Dad made us a few years ago, 2 computers, 2 book shelves filled also, and several boxes of Irish Setter collectibles a friend gave use to sell for proceeds to help our Rescue group) Then yesterday I scraped the popcorn ceiling in that room, and the entry way. All in all about 250 square feet. Not a lot, but my back was killing me. Next step is to re-tape and bed the joints where the paper tape came off with the popcorn...well, it started that way, and came the rest of the way off when I tugged on it. :eek: :rolleyes: LOML gets to take the wall paper off the walls in the entry way (6 X 8). Then I'll paint with Kilz, texture, paint with Kilz again, then top coat. Need to decide what to do with the flooring as the pink carpet needs to go away with the pink paint. We immediately dubbed this the "Pink Room" when we moved in a little over 4 years ago, and used it primarily as storage. It was originally set up as a bedroom, but the wall for the closet was taken down, the receptacle in the middle of the room covered over, the door to the hallway covered up, and a double wide opening made to the entry way. Possible used it as a dining room, or a sewing room. But it is on it's way to being gone!!! I originally thought I'd get it as a room for my HO trains and do that again one of these days, but LOML has decided to annex it for her music studio. :( But I do have my separate shop, so I can't gripe too much. I'll do some pictures one of these weekends when there is something to show. Jim.

Joe Mioux
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
a state association board meeting and a industry conference occupied the weekend.

Steve Clardy
09-09-2008, 2:08 PM
Cut up some firewood and did a lot of goofing off