PDA

View Full Version : Fairly serious gloating

Leigh Betsch
09-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Pretty good weekend. My STM HVLP spray gun from Jeff Jewit showed up on Friday.
Then I went to pick up my Woodmaster 38" drum sander, used but pretty much mint condition.

While I was talking with the seller he put me in contact with a banker that was having trouble getting rid of some repo stuff. So I came home with a Grizzly edge sander, HVLP spray system, Safety Speed Cut panel router, and a Grizzly cabinet saw. The banker was asking $3700, we settled on $850.
I have absolutely no need for the cabinet saw or HVLP system so I will probably sell them. I plan to keep the panel router for a while and see how much I use it. I will also keep the Grizzly edge sander unless I can find an oscillating one made in the USA.

Shawn Buonarosa
09-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow...just wow
Im going to call the authorities, you have STOLEN some very nice equipment!

Norman Pyles
09-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Wow, wow, wow, wow, oh yeah wow. :cool: Great haul ya got there. :cool:

Eric Larsen
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Nice haul!

Christopher Fletcher
09-08-2008, 12:04 AM
That is just too big a gloat for one post. I wish I lived near SD, I would definitely take that TS off your hands!

Jude Tuliszewski
09-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Sweet, paid for one and got three free.....:)

John Eaton
09-08-2008, 6:15 AM
I have the benchtop version of that edge sander (well it's basically the same sander with about 14" of the base missing - I have it sitting on an old oak speaker box). You'll like it a lot. As you use up the paper you lower or raise the table to use another section - it's both very useful and economical to run, plus it'll really hog out some wood when you need it too and the dust collection works very well. If you ever need to make really long tapers it comes in handy for that as well.

-- John

Steve Nouis
09-08-2008, 7:37 AM
Edge sanders are nice, I wouldn't be without one, Steve

Jim Becker
09-08-2008, 9:06 AM
Asked $3700 and you got all that for $850? Oh, my..."gloat" with a capital OAT! You'll get more than your investment back on the sale of that cabinet saw given it looks to be in nearly new condition!