PDA

View Full Version : little letter shapes

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Can't find 'em.
I'm looking for a source of alphabet letters ( any material) that are around 1/4" to 3/8" tall and stand proud about 1/8" or so.

Any one know a source?

Gracias.

Keith Outten
09-08-2008, 3:03 AM
Cliff,

I moved your thread to the laser engraving forum. Anyone who owns a laser engraver can vector cut letters, numbers and graphic symbols for you of just about any size and from a large list of materials.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-08-2008, 9:04 AM
Cliff,

I moved your thread to the laser engraving forum. Anyone who owns a laser engraver can vector cut letters, numbers and graphic symbols for you of just about any size and from a large list of materials.

Yah but they can't make what I need unless they are running a real powerful laser that can cut 1/8" material.

David Brasfield
09-08-2008, 9:49 AM
Can't find 'em.
I'm looking for a source of alphabet letters ( any material) that are around 1/4" to 3/8" tall and stand proud about 1/8" or so.

Any one know a source?

Gracias.

Cliff, please PM me. We bulk cut and sell alphanumerics in just about any size, font and material.

We have a large stock of 1/8 baltic birch on-hand and sell bulk cuts of it often.

Just let me know if you are interested.

Keith Outten
09-08-2008, 9:53 AM
Cliff,

Even the lower wattage power supplies on laser engravers will cut 1/8" thick wood or acrylic. Unless you need them cut from metal anybody here can cut them...with a mirror smooth edge to boot :)

Brian Robison
09-08-2008, 3:13 PM
Cliff and David, where are you both located?

David Brasfield
09-08-2008, 3:18 PM
Hi, Brian.

I am in Alabama, just slightly southwest of Birmingham.

David

Brian Robison
09-08-2008, 3:22 PM
Sorry to hear that David:D
Not to change the thread but I GOT to get the the Barber Museum!!!

David Brasfield
09-08-2008, 3:47 PM
Sorry to hear that David:D
Not to change the thread but I GOT to get the the Barber Museum!!!

Have at it. We are off on a tangent with a mix of products and are now playing around in the wholesale market (not so sure about that yet). Our laser and CNC work are complementary, and the laser is actually used to produce some of our smaller products. The only engraving we do is as an aside, or a value added part of our product offering. We added it as an enhancement, not as a primary income source.

I do have a line of laser produced products that we will be spotlighting soon (the creative side of the engineer in me), but right now, wholesale orders for Christmas catalogs are keeping us busy mostly with CNC and finishing. My patience to get some of my new laser products in front of the public is about to run out. I think my wife would classify my last few 14 hour days as a bit on the ill-tempered side ;-)

On a positive note, I did get us setup with UV curable coatings (top coats take seconds to cure now). The down side is that I have to totally redo our finishing process, so I don't know how soon we will realize a time savings.

I was supposed to retire early, and this business was only supposed to take up a few hours a day. A few is not defined as 14+ in my dictionary. Why does this all seem like a lot of work? :-)

David

Brian Robison
09-08-2008, 3:56 PM
I've had a few 14 hour days myself. I don't think I mind as much as my wife and kids. Could be worse, they could be happy that I'm not there!:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I moved this thread back to the forum where the OP originally started it after Cliff indicated he preferred it here.

Cliff ...if this is the wrong forum....post here and one of the Mods or myself will be happy to put it where you want it.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I moved this thread back to the forum where the OP originally started it after Cliff indicated he preferred it here.

Cliff ...if this is the wrong forum....post here and one of the Mods or myself will be happy to put it where you want it.

Thanks Ken.

Anthony Whitesell
09-12-2008, 1:11 PM
Did you try the craft stores, such as Michael's, AC Moore, or Hobby Lobby?

John Shuk
09-12-2008, 1:45 PM
Did you try the craft stores, such as Michael's, AC Moore, or Hobby Lobby?

I'll second that. They have several styles.